Quality Assurance (QA) Lead
Sonar is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead. This will be the company’s first quality assurance position, and as such we’re looking for someone who’s capable of designing and implementing best- practice testing processes from the ground up.
Sonar is on a mission to provide confidence, clarity, and efficiency when managing change in your tech stack.
What is Sonar? We give operations teams x-ray vision into their technology stack, showing them how their data is interconnected, when it changes, and what’s broken. Our solution empowers revenue operations (RevOps) teams to develop critical solutions that keep their marketing, sales, and client success operations running smoothly.
We believe it’s always better to be proactive than reactive, and we’re passionate about supporting Operations and CRM teams to do the same, every day.
Why work at Sonar? We’re an early stage, fast growing software startup looking for smart, ambitious, and creative people to help make their mark and lay the foundation for exciting growth ahead. If you’re passionate about making a difference, and love working with like-minded people, then Sonar is for you!
About this Role
This individual will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering and will have broad leeway to determine the future direction of quality assurance at Sonar. Our engineering team is still relatively small, so you’ll also be working directly with the engineers whose code you’ll be testing. This is an opportunity to have a significant and immediate impact on the quality of software which is relied upon by over fifty corporate clients.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Establishing formal testing processes using industry-accepted best practices.
- Guiding hiring around additional QA positions as the company grows.
- Leading, mentoring, and coordinating the work of future QA hires.
- Developing and executing manual and automated test cases.
We think that a suitable individual will have the following qualities:
- Good communication skills. Being able to clearly express your ideas, both to the members of your own team and to your fellow team leads, is an absolute must.
- Strong opinions about proper QA practices. Given that you’ll be setting up a quality assurance department from scratch, we expect you to have ideas about how that ought to be done.
- The ability to self-direct. We have certain goals as a company, but the other engineering leads aren’t here to tell you how QA should help to accomplish those goals. That’s your job.
- A willingness to learn. Over time, we expect you to become a domain expert in the operation of all aspects of our software, as well as the software packages with which we integrate.
- A hands-on approach. You’re going to be our entire QA department for the near- to mid-term future, so while we want someone who’s capable of leadership, we need someone who can do the actual day-to-day work of writing and executing tests, as well.
Previous experience with any of the following technologies, either as a tester or a developer, is a bonus but not required:
- MySQL or relational databases generally
- Amazon Web Services
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.