Team Lead, Customer Success
Atlanta, Ga /
Customer Success /
Sonar is a fast-growing Atlanta-based software startup funded by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures and Slack, among others. We are the top-rated Change Intelligence platform for operations teams. Our technology gives customers a clear view into their tech stack, so they can simplify complex change. We’re looking for go-getters, problem-solvers, and leaders who want to help pioneer our future and invest in our culture. If you’re passionate about making a difference and love working with ambitious peers who put their team first, then Sonar is for you!
Sonar is looking for a Team Lead, Customer Success to join our team. The Sonar CSM is primarily responsible for product onboarding and training, product adoption, tier 1 support, retention, and identifying expansion opportunities. You will own the main relationship and be tasked with ensuring customers are successful and reach their desired outcome with the Sonar platform.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively manage a book of customer accounts focused on adoption, retention, and expansion with a focus on GRR and NRR.
- Represent CS Team needs, concerns, opportunities, and challenges to leadership.
- Identify and communicate trends across the customer base working closely with the product and sales team.
- Collaborate with the CS team to iterate on account retention/expansion strategy and adoption processes.
- Help overcome operational and process-oriented gaps to optimize team efficiency.
- Work alongside CS Leadership to build out and execute on CS playbooks within ChurnZero.
- Identify upsell/expansion opportunities, and work collaboratively with Sales to see those through to closed-won.
- Become a trusted advisor with customers by deeply understanding their business and aligning their needs with our solutions.
- Nurture the relationship with the customer through ongoing communication and periodic meetings.
- Collaborate with marketing and product to build reusable materials that will continually improve the efficiency of customer value realization, adoption, and expansion.
- Monitor KPIs to assess customer engagement, health, and potential risks of churn.
- Partner with sales associates to ensure successful onboarding of Sonar in a timely manner.
- Think outside the box when helping customers solve problems and presenting business insights to help them make better decisions.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (ideally in business administration, marketing, or communications)
- 3+ years of customer success or account management experience in a SaaS company
- Experience with a CS Platform (ChurnZero preferred but not required)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally toward a common goal
- Strong communication skills and the capacity to train, mentor and help grow a team
- A proven track record of retaining and growing multiple client relationships
- Familiarity with different roles, responsibilities and priorities for multiple personas within operations teams (reporting, system administration, process and enablement)
- Self starting attitude with ability to think outside of the box to problem solve
What We Offer!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, partial coverage for dependents
- HSA Employer contribution
- Basic Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability: 100% coverage for you
- Voluntary benefits options
- Unlimited PTO- take as much vacation as you need!
- Fully paid and flexible parental leave
- 401k with Company Match
- Brand new Macbook!
- Regular team outings
- Dog-friendly Atlanta office
- Free parking!
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.