Vice President of Customer Success
Atlanta, Ga /
Customer Success /
Sonar is a fast-growing Atlanta-based software startup funded by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures and Slack, among others. We are the top-rated Change Intelligence platform for operations teams. Our technology gives customers a clear view into their tech stack, so they can simplify complex change. We’re looking for go-getters, problem-solvers, and leaders who want to help pioneer our future and invest in our culture. If you’re passionate about making a difference and love working with ambitious peers who put their team first, then Sonar is for you!
We are looking for a Vice President of Customer Success to join our team. You will play a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, business transformation, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of Sonar’s customers.
- Oversee Sonar’s Customer Success approach, strategies, cross-functional initiatives, processes, and deliverables, from idea to execution
- Leading, expanding, and mentoring Sonar’s Customer Success team according to business needs and goals
- Representing the voice of the customer and influencing internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across Sonar
- Ultimate ownership of Customer Success Manager’s outcomes, including adoption, health score, retention revenue, renewal rate, expansion revenue, churn rate and advocacy
- Build a world class customer support team of technical agents and develop a tiered response strategy
- Driving customer lifetime value by defining the customer journey; deploying programs to help drive business value with customers, customer goal achievement, new features, and new use-cases; collaborating across teams to identify and pursue customer growth opportunities
- Anticipate business value concerns, poor ROI and process and related deployment obstacles and communicate internally
- Partnering closely with our sales teams to engage with leaders at prospective customers and existing customers to define goals and leverage our products and services to achieve them
- Identify business needs for growth, productivity improvement as well customer experience improvement opportunities
- 4+ years of customer success experience for a B2B SaaS organization, preferably at a growth-stage startupLead and manage strategy and process to successful customer outcomes
- Proven track record driving the key SaaS metrics of Customer Success including adoption, utilization, renewal, cross-sell, and net dollar retention.
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence customer leadership
- Proven progressive competence in a leadership capacity in Customer Success and/or Professional Services
- Technical and SaaS experience and an ability to speak to technical customers in their language
- Experience building and/or leading a team of 4 - 10, plus individuals (across multiple leadership levels)The ability to architect services and support delivery models that align with current customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- Background leveraging data and analytics in decision making
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and in a matrix environment to achieve company objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Business or another relevant field. Masters degree preferred.
What it Takes to Be a Success:
- Relentlessly customer-centric: We are customer fanatics and strive to make every decision based on what will make our customers heroes in their organizations
- Data-oriented: You love being the subject matter expert in our product and market, and you are able to communicate that knowledge throughout the organization to drive mission-critical decisions
- Ambitious: You’re only happy when you’re making a real impact at Sonar. You’re not afraid of a hyper-growth environment and are able to be self-directed, taking high-level strategy and turning it into high-quality, precision execution
- Organized: You are able to manage cross-functional projects and drive deliverables across the finish line while setting clear expectations for coworkers and exec-level stakeholders
- Independent: You take initiative and are able to translate KPIs into clear action plans without step-by-step guidance
What We Offer!
- Base salary + Commission = uncapped earning potential
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, partial coverage for dependents
- HSA Employer contribution
- Basic Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability: 100% coverage for you
- Voluntary benefits options
- Unlimited PTO- take as much vacation as you need!
- Fully paid and flexible parental leave
- 401k with Company Match
- Brand new Macbook!
- Regular team outings
- Dog-friendly Atlanta office
- Free parking!
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.