Core Software Engineer
United States (Remote) /
Starlight is completely rethinking how cell networks are built. Our mission is to make internet connectivity easy, fast, and cheap to deploy - anywhere, anytime.
As a Core Software Engineer, you will build directly on top of Magma, our software-based mobile network core. This is our core service offering. These engineers must have strong distributed systems and networking backgrounds and should be particularly strong in debugging async systems.
Skills We're Looking For
- Understanding of low (i.e. OS) level networking concepts as well as asynchronous programming.
- Experience in creating and maintaining complex distributed, concurrent and low-level software systems.
- Ability to write high quality code in Golang
- Experience writing and maintaining low level services in C/C++
- Python is a plus
- Familiar with networking protocols and tools (network interface management, routing, subnetting, gRPC, wireshark, etc.)
What's it like working at Starlight?
We are a remote, tight-knit team passionate about solving big problems. We believe in building fast, breaking things, and tearing down paradigms. Everyone's voice matters; we believe all our members should be empowered with autonomy.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We're just looking for hard workers who like to think big.