Frontend Software Engineer
United States (Remote) /
Starlight is on a mission to completely transform connectivity. We help enterprises create next generation networking & security infrastructure underlying extremely secure, peer to peer networks. We’re taking an industry that is traditionally very infrastructure-intensive and complex and translating it into software solutions that are scalable and easy to implement for our customers.
We’re now looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to further our mission.
As a Frontend Engineer at Starlight, you will…
- Directly impact the status quo of our extremely antiquated industry (enterprise connectivity) by introducing modern and intuitive UIs that champion simplicity and user experience
- Seamlessly bridge the gap between engineering and design; translating product feedback into high fidelity mockups and implementing into code
- Manage the primary interfaces for both our customers and our internal management team
- Work directly with customers to inform decisions around UI and UX, while crafting a modern experience of monitoring and managing a complex network
- Embrace rapid development; promote faster feature outlining, development, and deployment
- Foster and uphold high engineering standards; elevate quality and engineering efficiency
- Utilize Typescript, React and other modern web frameworks like Remix
- Lean on your understanding of backend interfaces and patterns to increase velocity and collaborate seamlessly
What we are looking for
- A driven, curious, and creative problem solver who can learn quickly
- Experience building modern UIs with Typescript and React
- The ability to work autonomously and cross-functionally with founders, engineers, and customers
- Experience outlining architectural decisions for frontend infrastructure and development process
- Experience with GraphQL
- A holistic understanding of a modern software application stack from frontend to backend to inform considerations around frontend/backend interface design or usage patterns
- Experience bring a product from prototype to a fully featured complex product
- Ideally more than 3 years experience
What's it like working at Starlight?
We are a remote, tight-knit team passionate about solving big problems. We believe in building fast, breaking things, and tearing down paradigms. Everyone's voice matters; we believe all our members should be empowered with autonomy.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We're just looking for hard workers who like to think big.