Senior Gameplay Engineer
North America /
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a brand-new title with a team of highly respected game developers? Are you a reliable, effective, and quality-focused Engineer that can level up a project and the team around you? If so, here is an opportunity at Stoic to iterate with design teams on our ambitious new title! Our team at Stoic, 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company, is seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer for development of our next project.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will work closely with all disciplines to design and build systems, tools, and features in Unreal Engine 5 to support multiplayer gameplay, optimize performance, and help bring our game to the top console and PC platforms.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with a talented, small, dedicated team of engineers working across a range of domains to originate, implement, and iterate on systems.
- Design and drive complex systems to completion to support feature development.
- Combine a high level view with a proactive tactical drive to identify and help mitigate risks while autonomously highlighting solutions.
- Help continue to raise the bar for code quality through collaborative software design, code reviews, and robust testing.
- Partner with game designers, artists, and producers to prioritize, align, and identify processes while maintaining realistic schedules and accounting for resource management.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Need to Have
- C++ expertise
- Technical understanding of working with Unreal Engine 5/4 (UE5/UE4)
- Prior online, networked game development experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Automated Functional Testing in Unreal Enginer
- Track record of shipping games
- Experience with Wwise Audio Middleware
- Experience with Coherent GameFace Middleware
- Experience with Unreal Shader and Rendering Development
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote, forever remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States Pay Range
$140,000 - $180,000 USD
This range is determined by several factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. It is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The final job level and compensation will be determined by the candidate’s work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
We provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all qualifications. Stoic is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be a future one at the studio.