VP of Finance
North America /
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a brand-new title with a team of highly respected game developers? Our team at Stoic, a 4-time BAFTA nominated independent video game company is looking for a VP of Finance. Do you love video games? Are you excited to direct the financial operations of the company? Your work will enable the growth and success of Stoic.
As the VP of Finance, you will develop our long-term financial projections, manage our strategic financial relationships, manage day-to-day accounting, and monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes. You will be responsible for developing and directing the company’s analytics, financial plans, and policies. The VP of Finance will interpret financial and accounting data including, but not limited to, operational cash flow and modeling multiple revenue scenarios.
This role would head a department of 2 today, but the right person would be the front runner for CFO in the future.
- Serve as a financial advisor to the CEO and Executive team on strategic planning
- Perform analysis and prepare due diligence materials related to equity investment or acquisition
- Create a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting structure that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operational needs
- Create annual operating budgets and multi-year plans to support a growing organization
- Cash flow management
- Support growth finance options and pitches Lead the areas of accounting, general ledger and financial statement reporting, accounts payable, billing and tax compliance
- Support and review monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, AP and other general ledger review and reconciliation
- Collaborate with FP&A function to prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statementsLead annual audits and tax preparation workstreams
- Prepare timely and accurate analyses, summaries and reports of financial data on the operating progress of the company
- Manage compliance with local and federal regulatory matters Advise oversee business insurance needs
- Create ad hoc finance projects, quantitative analyses, including external audit requests, expense reporting, review of merchant contracts and tax matters
- Work with valuation team to determine annual company valuation
- Annual evaluation of R&D, ERC and other Tax Credits
- Annual valuation activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- Technically competent with understanding how to leverage data and analytics to derive creative, thoughtful solutions within accounting and the broader enterprise
- In-depth knowledge of financial benchmarking, accounting, audit and tax compliance and other regulatory matters
- Adept in fiscal management principles and processes, including resource management and needs assessment
- Possess critical knowledge of federal and multiple state tax laws as well as basic accounting issues
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration
- Ability to build robust internal financial and operational processes
- Ability to interpret and communicate the latest financial reports to the wider business
- Ability to develop relationships and establish trust and command quickly
- Ability to build and grow a successful, high-functioning finance team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent time management ability
- 5-7 years advanced Spreadsheet proficiency (Pivot Tables, lookups, driver based modeling)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the financial function of a company
- 7-10 years of professional experience in a Senior Director or Vice President of Finance level
- CPA or CMA status desired
- Experience taking a company through an equity raise and/or acquisition desired
Stoic has transitioned to a fully remote, forever remote workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States Pay Range
$190,000 - $230,000 USD
This range is determined by several factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. It is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The final job level and compensation will be determined by the candidate’s work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
We provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all qualifications. Stoic is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be a future one at the studio.