Lead FinTech Analyst
New York, NY / Los Angeles, CA
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
Are you ready to take on a challenge? Do you thrive when juggling multiple issues at a time? Do you love working with complex datasets and SQL logics? Are you passionate and obsessed with creating values? Is having a great work-life balance important to you as much as it is to us?
If the above job specifications are in line with your experience and career goals, Lead FinTech Analyst role is the right fit for you. You will be joining a team of former accountants, engineers, and analysts who work towards building scalable financial back-end products to support our global multi-currency marketplace by automating systems and creating processes, internal tooling, and reporting. We are a team of driven, focused individuals who step up and drive urgent work to completion when required.
Your expertise in accounting and finance will be greatly utilized in day-to-day work and to drive development efforts on many projects. You will use SQL, SSRS, Tableau, and will contribute to the SDLC (software development life cycle), the testing of new engineering solutions, data ETL (extract, transform, load), and driving processes of our in-house FinTech solutions.
Your main stakeholder will be our Finance and Accounting team who will need your expertise on monthly reconciliations, transaction reports and analysis to support the GL Accounts, audit, and much more. You will also be working very closely with our engineers on driving automation, integrating with new payment service providers, supporting new company growth projects, and finding a needle in the haystack.
What You'll Do
- Responsibilities will split between heavy emphasis on leading product domains, projects, and people, and some individual contributor works.
- Lead multiple domains (payouts, audit-related work, executive level reports and dashboards)and oversee end to end execution from the team. Become a subject matter expert in these domains and take full ownership of them.
- Supervise junior analysts’ day-to-day workload, develop their technical skills, and support their career goals.
- Ensure all FinTech’s systems, processes, analysis, and reporting practices conform to best practices as defined within Finance policies and procedures.
- Support company projects by advising stakeholders with FinTech requirements.
- Proactively build relationships with key stakeholders and management to ensureFinTech’s products and services are high quality and drive business impact.
- Identify complex opportunities and take action to solve them.
What You've Done
- 4+ years of experience in FinTech or Finance Systems analyst roles
- Strong experience in leading multiple domains, project managing high visibilityprojects, working with other leads, and leading others while driving timelydelivery
- Advanced in SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience mentoring other team members and developing their technical and execution skills.
- Take end to end ownership of ambiguous spaces, design their scope, and have a product-oriented mindset.
- Perform under pressure with a positive attitude. Be a team player!
- Understand accounting principles.
What we offer:
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $160,000 – $190,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation including a competitive benefits package, which includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
For California Residents: California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.