Senior Software Engineer - Performance Optimization
Los Angeles, CA
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
In order to transform how millions of users explore, interact with, and participate in live events worldwide, StubHub is seeking Senior Software Engineers to design and develop next-generation technologies and complex features. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges as a core contributor and innovator, bringing creative technical solutions to life. In order to ensure our company's success, our Senior Software Engineers must demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they tackle. StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
This is a hybrid work opportunity located in Los Angeles, CA.
About the team:
The performance optimization team is responsible for building high performance applications that optimize the bids we are making in millions of ad auctions every day and controlling hundreds of millions of dollars of performance marketing spend. We build machine learning models to perform bid optimization, predictive analysis and forecasting. We collaborate cross-functionally with a diverse team of engineers, machine learning engineers, data scientists and domain experts. Do not miss applying for this exciting opportunity!
We would like to see someone who has:
- 5-6+ years of professional experience in software development
- Extensive experience developing robust, mission-critical systems using multiple general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C)
- Demonstrated expertise in building software with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Databases, Data Processing, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Security, and Privacy
- Previous experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
- A strong understanding of how their systems interact with the broader production environment, including dependencies and platform primitives
It would be great to see someone with:
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Experience owning projects from the initial idea all the way to production
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
As a Senior Software Engineer at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across all StubHub’s platforms and products, resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Collaborate with team members to ensure best practices across our code
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities, fostering a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity
What we offer:
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $200,000 – $275,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.