Lead Staff Software Engineer - Visual Assets
New York, NY
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
StubHub is looking for Lead Engineers to design and develop the next-generation technologies and complex features that change how millions of users explore, interact with and participate in live events worldwide. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of developing the team's commercial and product strategy and will be expected to be equally focused on user needs and to exercise good commercial (not just technical) judgement. Our Lead Software Engineers are essential for our company’s success, so they must show initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they solve.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. We expect that you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
This is a hybrid work opportunity, located out of New York, NY.
About the team:
The Catalog Team forms the foundation of the StubHub consumer experience and is at the heart of our mission, to connect people with unforgettable experiences. The team is responsible for sourcing and categorizing data as part of the ingestion process, efficiently and meaningfully storing ever-growing stream of data and finally exposing the data to the end-user through comprehensive set of scalable and intuitive interfaces. At a foundational level, Catalog Team aspires to act as an innovation engine for downstream teams - powering the enrichment of experiences on front-end within Consumer Experience, enabling innovative strategies for Customer Service and facilitating more relevant ads for Performance Marketing. Finally, as the source for all visual assets (images, maps), Catalog has a pivotal role in changing the look and feel of StubHub’s website, serving millions of users a month with engaging visual assets.
Our core responsibilities include:
• Foundational data team – worldwide event, venue, category and metadata collection and categorization
• Determining new types of relevant data that can be collected, defining the way it should be collected and making it a reality – whether through people, processes, or technology
• Maintaining and expanding on the numerous internal services that power the data collection as well as consumption of the data in a performant and flexible way
• Increasing internally defined coverage rates for various pieces of metadata to enhance the experience for more customers globally
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across StubHub, ensuring high-accuracy with the supply of our tickets and customer experience
- Collaborate with team members across the engineering team to ensure best practices across our code
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities, fostering a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity
What You've Done
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, as well as experience leading projects from ideation to launch
- Experience leading a team and projects, mentoring those around you and being bar raisers for the organization
- Previous experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact; focus on large-scale consumer-products is preferred
- Proven experience as a Lead Engineer or similar role, with a focus on GeoSpatial mapping projects.
- In-depth knowledge of GeoJSON, SVG, Illustrator, Unity, and 3D imaging technologies.
- Familiarity with CAD/CAM systems and their integration into mapping solutions.
- Strong proficiency in MapBox and other mapping tools.
What we offer:
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $240,000 – $350,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
For California Residents: California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.