Software Engineer II - Platform DevOps
Los Angeles, CA
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
StubHub is looking for Software Engineer IIs to design and develop next-generation technologies and complex features. As a Software Engineer at StubHub, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges as a core contributor and innovator, bringing creative technical solutions to life. In order to ensure our company's success, our Software Engineers must demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they tackle.
As a Software Engineer II, you will design and implement systems and services with an eye for elegance, maintainability, and practicality. Over the course of your career at the company, you will have the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects and the needs of the business. The best candidates and most successful team members exhibit versatility, a growth mindset, ability to learn, and enthusiasm in tackling new challenges across the company.
This is a hybrid role for our Santa Monica, CA office.
About the team:
Our DevOps team is a group of passionate engineers who can contribute to a new developer platform which will include internal catalog, new AWS cloud environments, orchestration, as well as build and deploy solutions.We are responsible for build, deployment and artifact management. Also, responsible for infrastructure provisioning and management as well as attribution. We collaborate cross functionally across all platforms within the organization to ensure all teams are aligned on infrastructure best practices.
What You'll Do
- Design and build automated solutions that align with software engineering best practices.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to align DevOps processes with software development goals
- Actively contribute to technical discussions and decision-making processes related to AWS architecture
- Assist with scaling and configuration of secure and reliable cloud infrastructure
- Implement monitoring solutions to ensure optimal performance of AWS resources
- Implement and reinforce security measures specific to AWS environments
- Conduct post-incident analyses and implement improvements to prevent reoccurrence
What You've Done
- 3-5 years, or equivalent demonstration, of full-time relevant work experience in DevOps development
- Strong understanding of various AWS Cloud services (EC2, EKS, IAM etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with Python and/orPowershell
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as Terraform
- Preferred experience with building frontend applications in React and RestAPIs
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
What We Offer
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $175,000 – $220,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.