Staff Software Engineer (Full-Stack) - Fundamentals CX
New York, NY / Los Angeles, CA
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to serve as a founding technical lead for the experimentation platform team. This new team’s mission is to drive innovation through trustworthy controlled experiments at scale. A/B testing and causal inference sits at the heart of our product development lifecycle and business operations, and building an experimentation framework that is scalable, robust, and extensible is critical to empower the rapid iteration needed for hyper-scale growth of the StubHub platform. We are in the early phases of designing and implementing the next generation of this critical platform and there are large design challenges that we will need to solve across backend services, scalable data pipelines and analysis, experimentation methodology, feature flagging / instrumentation, and end-user experience. The systems that you build will be critical and have outsized impact in our ability to test and measure innovations across the entire company for years to come.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will not only be a technical leader and innovator, but also a coach who lifts everyone around you and inspires a growth mindset across your team. Our most technical engineers are also the humblest advocates for their team members, and they operate from a place of empathy and inclusion, often teaching the same to their colleagues. Such leadership, along with bias for action, pragmatism, robustness, operational excellence, and high quality of deliverables, are some of the core tenets of this role.
About the team
The Fundamentals team is within the Core Experience (CX) division responsible for the end-to-end product experience for fans looking to discover, buy, sell tickets to their favorite live events through our web and mobile platforms. We are obsessed with understanding our users’ needs and delivering feature innovations. We believe that diversity and transparency foster the best innovations which is why we are a cross-functional team of specialists in product, design, engineering, and data working closely together. We work across the entire technological stack leveraging any tool or technology necessary to support web and mobile feature innovation at scale.
What You've Done
- 7+ years, or equivalent demonstration, of relevant work experience in software development
- Extensive experience in designing and developing robust, distributed systems using multiple general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Javascriipt)
- Experience with system infrastructure projects with some of the following aspects: cloud-based environments, large scale data processing, distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
- Hands-on technical leadership experience leading technical initiatives and setting technical direction for other engineers
- Experience coaching others with a demonstration of significant improvement of their technical capabilities
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Understanding of statistical analysis and hypothesis testing and experience with A/B testing in past work experiences is a plus
What You'll Do
- Own the technical design and roadmap for the experimentation platform
- Leverage your expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability and quality of analyzed data
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across StubHub's platforms and products with agility and resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Help build and mentor a team of software engineers, championing process and culture improvements within the Engineering organization and increasing the team’s technical capabilities
- Foster a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity in your team
What We Offer
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $240,000 – $350,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
For California Residents: California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.