Software Engineer II - FinTech/Payments
New York, NY
StubHub – Software Engineering /
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
Are you looking for a Software Engineering job with one of the biggest companies in the live entertainment industry? StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
StubHub is looking for Software Engineer IIs to design and develop next-generation technologies and complex features. As a Software Engineer at StubHub, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges as a core contributor and innovator, bringing creative technical solutions to life. In order to ensure our company's success, our Software Engineers must demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they tackle.
As a Software Engineer II, you will design and implement systems and services with an eye for elegance, maintainability, and practicality. Over the course of your career at the company, you will have the opportunity to contribute to diverse projects and the needs of the business. The best candidates and most successful team members exhibit versatility, a growth mindset, ability to learn, and enthusiasm in tackling new challenges across the company.
This is a hybrid work opportunity, that is located in New York, NY.
About the teams:
Payments: StubHub has two types of customers - buyers and sellers. Sellers come here to make money - and Payouts Team owns everything around making it happen! That includes making sure our sellers get paid the correct amount, in correct currency, via correct payment method, as quickly as possible and within the specific business requirements set for them by the business. At the same time, since the team is responsible for any and all outgoing payments, they are tasked protecting the cash - as it would be catastrophic if something were to go wrong.
Subledger: Engineers in this team are responsible for developing and refining an end-to-end finance platform which includes two sub-domains: Purchasing and Subledger. The Subledger sub-domain is to develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable subledger system which fulfills the company’s accounting and financial requirements. This includes streamlining the economic records and generating financial reports for auditing purpose, gaining financial insights, and supporting critical business decisions.
Purchasing: The Purchasing domain exists to support fast business growth (e.g., new customer facing features) in the end-to-end purchasing pipeline all the way down to financial impact. This includes handling purchasing requests (i.e., transaction creation), correctly calculating economics such as tax and fees during purchasing, and reliably logging financial records with high throughputs and robust validations. We're building a world-class, extendible and flexible financial platform that allows rapid innovation while providing the business with stability and reliability.
What You've Done
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across StubHub's platforms and products
- Demonstrate consistently executing with agility resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise, and set an example for technical excellence on your team
- Participate in and maintain culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity in your team
- Launch features that have immediate impact on the velocity of innovation and ultimately growth of the business
Your Growth Path:
- Receive mentorship and a clear path for growing your technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated results and increasing ownership are rewarded
- You’ll have the chance to join new teams and learn more about the organization
- Become a senior engineer who can progress into architecture and management
What You'll Do
- 3-5 years, or equivalent demonstration, of full-time relevant work experience in software development
- Experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
What We Offer:
- Accelerated Growth Environment: Immerse yourself in an environment designed for swift skill and knowledge enhancement, where you have the autonomy to lead experiments and tests on a massive scale.
- Top Tier Compensation Package: Enjoy a rewarding compensation package that includes enticing stock incentives, aligning with our commitment to recognizing and valuing your contributions.
- Flexible Time Off: Embrace a healthy work-life balance with unlimited Flex Time Off, providing you the flexibility to manage your schedule and recharge as needed.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Prioritize your well-being with a comprehensive benefits package, featuring 401k, and premium Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance options.
- Team-Building Events: Engage in vibrant team events that foster camaraderie and collaboration, creating an atmosphere where your professional and personal growth are celebrated.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $175,000 – $220,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
For California Residents: California Job Applicant Privacy Notice found here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.