Staff Software Engineer - Finance Technology
New York, NY (Remote) /
StubHub – Software Engineering /
Role: Staff Software Engineer – Finance Technology
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine, NYC or Remote
We would like to see someone who has:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Extensive experience in designing and developing robust, distributed systems using multiple general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C), with a proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Demonstrated expertise in building software with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Databases, Data Processing, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Web Application Development, Finance Engineering, Security, and Privacy
- Experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
- Hands-on technical leadership experience
- Ability to coach others with a demonstration of significant improvement of their technical capabilities
As a Staff Software Engineer in Finance Technology at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and executing projects across multiple teams
- Lead designs of major services, frameworks, toolsets, and features for internal financial and payments processing systems
- Build, deploy and operate a set of critical finance services to become the go-to for answering business / finance questions required across the entire StubHub organization
- Create seamless and robust automation to scale subledger processes and integration of complex accounting systems
- Build watertight controls across the StubHub platform and interacting services to ensure high accuracy and fidelity of all financial transactions.
- Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely single source-of-truth financial reporting
- Demonstrate consistently executing with agility resulting in high-quality outcomes.
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentor and train other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities
- Foster a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity in your team
- Champion process and culture improvements within the Engineering organization
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Unlimited PTO, 401k, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team event
About the Opportunity:
StubHub is looking for Staff Software Engineers to design, build, and lead the development of the next-generation technologies and complex features that help power our critical business functions that enable how we change how millions of users explore, interact with and participate in live events worldwide. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges, distilling them down to structured execution plans to deliver robust, high-quality, and impactful financial solutions at scale.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will not only be a technical leader and innovator, but also a coach who lifts everyone around you and inspires a growth mindset across your team. Our most technical engineers are also the humblest advocates for their team members, and they operate from a place of empathy and inclusion, often teaching the same to their colleagues. Such leadership, along with bias for action, pragmatism, robustness, operational excellence, and high quality of deliverables, are some of the core tenets of this role.
About the Team:
The Finance Technologies team is at the core of StubHub to empower mission-critical financial domains including Accounting, Finance and Payment Operations. Engineers on the Financial Technology team build platforms, data pipelines, and financial products. The use cases include financial analytics and insights, accounting automation, auditing, financial planning & forecasting, and financial business intelligence.
We are here for the fans. StubHub is the world’s leading live event marketplace, connecting fans to the most inspiring experiences available. We span over 170 countries around the world, servicing buyers and sellers in 38 currencies and 40 different languages with our StubHub brand in North America and our viagogo brand outside of North America. Come join our team for a front-row row seat to the action.