Senior Software Engineer - Front-End (CX)
Los Angeles, CA /
StubHub – Software Engineering /
About the Opportunity:
StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
StubHub is looking for Senior Software Engineers to design and develop the next-generation technologies and complex features that change how millions of users explore, interact with and participate in live events worldwide. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of developing the team's commercial and product strategy and will be expected to be equally focused on user needs and to exercise good commercial (not just technical) judgement. Our Senior Software Engineers are essential for our company’s success, so they must show initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they solve.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
About the Team:
The Consumer Experience (CX) team is responsible for the end-to-end core product experience for fans looking to discover, buy and sell tickets to their favorite live events through our web and mobile platforms. It sits at the forefront of fulfilling StubHub’s mission to become the go-to destination for access to any live event anywhere in the world by directly impacting the product that millions of fans interact with every day. We are obsessed with understanding our users’ needs and delivering feature innovations, both short-term and long-term, that are as effective as they are enjoyable. We serve a global fan base and aim to deliver an experience that feels personal to every individual by serving a localized experience in 170 countries around the world, servicing buyers and sellers in 38 currencies and 40 different languages. We believe that diversity of thought and transparency of impact foster the best innovations which is why we are a cross-functional team of specialists in product, design, engineering and data working closely together with equal voice in ideation and equal access to insights. We work across the entire technological stack leveraging any tool or technology necessary to support web and mobile feature innovation at scale.
We would like to see someone who has:
- 5+ years of professional experience with web application development
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with React and the and relevant toolset/framework ecosystem
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML, and an in-depth understanding of core web and browser concepts
- Previous experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact; focus on large-scale consumer-products is preferred
It would be great to see someone with:
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other engineers to create impactful and highly-performant web experiences
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
As a Senior Software Engineer at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across all StubHub’s consumer-facing properties, particularly our web application, resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Collaborate with team members to ensure best practices across our code
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities, fostering a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Unlimited PTO, 401k, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team events
About StubHub: StubHub is on a mission to give the world the freedom to connect to powerful live experiences no matter where they are, whenever they want. Whether it's Harry Styles, the Yankees, Billie Eilish or Real Madrid, we're here to give fans the access to the live entertainment they love. That means we must power the destination for every type of live event fan to unlock the transformative live experience that’s right for them. We are their ticket to unforgettable memories – the crack of the bat, the first guitar chord or drum tap, the roar of the crowd at the championship winning goal, the joke that makes their belly ache from laughter. To do this, we must have the most premiere industry partnerships that deliver more seamless integrated solutions and aggregate the widest event catalogue, know our customers to design more personalized discovery of that very catalogue and get that fan into the event of their dreams so they keep coming back. Daily innovation is at the crux of how we do this and a passionate team that rigorously prioritizes the most results-oriented work they can deliver is what gets it done and keeps us leading the industry.
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $200,000 – $300,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.