Senior Software Engineer - Finance Technology
New York, NY /
StubHub – Software Engineering /
About the Opportunity:
StubHub is looking for Senior Software Engineers for our Finance Technology Team. The Finance Technologies team is at the core of StubHub to empower mission-critical financial domains including Accounting, Finance and Payment Operations. Engineers on the Financial Technology team build platforms, data pipelines, and financial products. The use cases include financial analytics and insights, accounting automation, auditing, financial planning & forecasting, and financial business intelligence.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges as a core contributor and innovator, bringing creative technical solutions to life. Our Senior Software Engineers are essential for our company’s success, so they must show initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they solve.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
We would like to see someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Extensive experience in designing and developing robust, distributed systems using multiple general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C), with a proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Demonstrated expertise in building software with one or more of the following: Finance Engineering, Security, and Privacy, Infrastructure, Databases, Data Processing, Machine Learning, Web Application Development
- Experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
As a Senior Software Engineer in Finance Technology at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Build, develop, deploy and test major financial services, frameworks, toolsets, and features for internal financial and payments processing systems across the entire StubHub organization
- Create seamless and robust automation to scale subledger processes and integration of complex accounting systems
- Build watertight controls across the StubHub platform and interacting services to ensure high accuracy and fidelity of all financial transactions.
- Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely single source-of-truth financial reporting
- Mentor other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities, fostering a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity Champion process and culture improvements within the Engineering organization
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Unlimited PTO, 401k, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team events
We are here for the fans. StubHub is the world’s leading live event marketplace, connecting fans to the most inspiring experiences available. We span over 170 countries around the world, servicing buyers and sellers in 38 currencies and 40 different languages with our StubHub brand in North America and our viagogo brand outside of North America. Come join our team for a front-row row seat to the action.