Senior Software Engineer - Back-End
New York, NY /
StubHub – Software Engineering /
This is a hybrid work opportunity, that can be located in New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, or Irvine, CA.
About the Opportunity:
In order to transform how millions of users explore, interact with, and participate in live events worldwide, StubHub is seeking Senior Software Engineers to design and develop next-generation technologies and complex features. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges as a core contributor and innovator, bringing creative technical solutions to life. In order to ensure our company's success, our Senior Software Engineers must demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for the problems they tackle. StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be an advocate and mentor for your team members, displaying leadership qualities and being an example for those around you.
We would like to see someone who has:
- 5-6+ years of professional experience in software development
- Extensive experience developing robust, mission-critical systems using multiple general-purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C)
- Demonstrated expertise in building software with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Databases, Data Processing, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Security, and Privacy
- Previous experience designing and developing solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
- A strong understanding of how their systems interact with the broader production environment, including dependencies and platform primitives
It would be great to see someone with:
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Experience owning projects from the initial idea all the way to production
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
As a Senior Software Engineer at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across all StubHub’s platforms and products, resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Collaborate with team members to ensure best practices across our code
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities, fostering a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Unlimited PTO, 401k, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team events
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $200,000 – $275,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is on a mission to give the world the freedom to connect to powerful live experiences no matter where they are, whenever they want. Whether it's Harry Styles, the Yankees, Billie Eilish or Real Madrid, we're here to give fans the access to the live entertainment they love. That means we must power the destination for every type of live event fan to unlock the transformative live experience that’s right for them. We are their ticket to unforgettable memories – the crack of the bat, the first guitar chord or drum tap, the roar of the crowd at the championship winning goal, the joke that makes their belly ache from laughter. To do this, we must have the most premiere industry partnerships that deliver more seamless integrated solutions and aggregate the widest event catalogue, know our customers to design more personalized discovery of that very catalogue and get that fan into the event of their dreams so they keep coming back. Daily innovation is at the crux of how we do this and a passionate team that rigorously prioritizes the most results-oriented work they can deliver is what gets it done and keeps us leading the industry.