Senior Software Engineer - Android
Irvine, CA /
StubHub – Software Engineering /
This opportunity can be hybrid in New York, NY, Irvine, CA, or Los Angeles, CA.
About the Opportunity:
StubHub is looking for Senior Software Engineers to design, build, and lead the development of the next-generation technologies and complex features that change how millions of users explore, interact with and participate in live events worldwide. You will be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team including product, design, engineering, data science and analytics. As a Senior Software Engineer, not only you will be at the forefront of tackling significant, ambiguous, and non-trivial challenges, distilling them down to structured execution plans to deliver robust, high-quality and impactful solutions at scale but also, you will be an integral part of developing the team's commercial and product strategy and will be expected to be equally focused on user needs and to exercise good commercial (not just technical) judgement.
StubHub is committed to being a phenomenal and inclusive place to work. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will not only be a technical leader and innovator, but also a coach who lifts everyone around you and inspires a growth mindset across your team. Our most technical engineers are also the humblest advocates for their team members, and they operate from a place of empathy and inclusion, often teaching the same to their colleagues. Such leadership, along with bias for action, pragmatism, robustness, operational excellence, and high quality of deliverables, are some of the core tenets of this role.
About the Team:
The Consumer Experience (CX) team is responsible for the end-to-end core product experience for fans looking to discover, buy and sell tickets to their favorite live events through our web and mobile platforms. It sits at the forefront of fulfilling StubHub’s mission to become the go-to destination for access to any live event anywhere in the world by directly impacting the product that millions of fans interact with every day. We are obsessed with understanding our users’ needs and delivering feature innovations, both short-term and long-term, that are as effective as they are enjoyable. We serve a global fan base and aim to deliver an experience that feels personal to every individual by serving a localized experience in 170 countries around the world, servicing buyers and sellers in 38 currencies and 40 different languages. We believe that diversity of thought and transparency of impact foster the best innovations which is why we are a cross-functional team of specialists in product, design, engineering and data working closely together with equal voice in ideation and equal access to insights. We work across the entire technological stack leveraging any tool or technology necessary to support web and mobile feature innovation at scale.
We would like to see someone who has:
- 7+ years of professional experience building mobile applications
- 3+ years of experience building mobile applications with Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience building high-quality Android mobile applications
- Designed and developed solutions to complex problems with significant business impact
It would be great to see someone with:
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with React Native and relevant toolset/framework ecosystem
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other engineers to create impactful and highly-performant mobile experiences
- Proven ability to learn other coding languages, platforms, frameworks, and tools
As a Senior Software Engineer at StubHub, you’ll be able to:
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and executing projects across multiple teams.
- Lead designs of major end-to-end experiences, experiments, services, frameworks, toolsets, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain impactful improvements across all StubHub’s consumer-facing properties
- Demonstrate consistently executing with agility resulting in high-quality outcomes.
- Advocate for and lead by example on the tenets of operational excellence.
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members and help many increase their technical capabilities.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, results-oriented execution, open innovation, and limitless creativity in your team.
- Champion process and culture improvements within the Engineering organization.
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- Unlimited PTO, 401k, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team events
StubHub is on a mission to give the world the freedom to connect to powerful live experiences no matter where they are, whenever they want. Whether it's Harry Styles, the Yankees, Billie Eilish or Real Madrid, we're here to give fans the access to the live entertainment they love. That means we must power the destination for every type of live event fan to unlock the transformative live experience that’s right for them. We are their ticket to unforgettable memories – the crack of the bat, the first guitar chord or drum tap, the roar of the crowd at the championship winning goal, the joke that makes their belly ache from laughter. To do this, we must have the most premiere industry partnerships that deliver more seamless integrated solutions and aggregate the widest event catalogue, know our customers to design more personalized discovery of that very catalogue and get that fan into the event of their dreams so they keep coming back. Daily innovation is at the crux of how we do this and a passionate team that rigorously prioritizes the most results-oriented work they can deliver is what gets it done and keeps us leading the industry.
The anticipated gross base annual salary range for this role is $200,000 – $300,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.