Marketing Data Analyst
Washington, DC /
Digital Strategy /
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying strategic communications, creative content production and government relations, we spur action—in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between. We call what we do Creative Advocacy.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Data Analyst to join our team!
In this position, you will help guide and elevate our work by providing strategic, high-quality analysis to our clients. You will be responsible for digital media analytics and measurement across marketing channels, including, but not limited to: social, search and programmatic. This role will also work to understand and define how media optimizations and strategy are reflected in data and help clients and internal stakeholders separate signal from noise.
This role is great for anyone who has a passion for using an analytical lens to guide, shape, and inform creative processes, decision-making, and output.
- Gather, aggregate, and manage data for agency clients, including from platforms such as Google Analytics, Meta Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google AdWords, and others.
- Develop and maintain client-facing campaign performance dashboards.
- Continually analyze campaigns and help provide recommendations to ensure campaigns are meeting/exceeding goals.
- Conduct research abilities and online conversation analysis to understand the client landscape, provide actionable recommendations and support client programs.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, new technologies, and pertinent research.
- Participate in both internal and client-facing status meetings.
- 1+ years of Web Analytics experience preferably in a marketing or communications function.
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization or interactive dashboard management using tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, or similar platforms.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience working with paid and social media data, especially from Meta, Twitter, and Google.
- Experience working with tag management platforms and data layers such as Google Tag Manager and BigQuery.
- A natural comfort with data, appreciation for best practices when analyzing it, and a drive to always investigate finding and truly understanding what is driving them.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Subject Matter will require all new employees working from our physical office to provide proof of vaccination. Exemptions will be made for medical and/or religious reasons only, following an interactive process and determination of an essential accommodation.