Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Washington, DC /
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying strategic communications, creative content production and government relations, we spur action—in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between. We call what we do Creative Advocacy.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our growing team. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
In this role, you will become an integral member of a dynamic Finance team who consistently operates with a high standard of professional excellence, trust, and productivity. You will support the leadership team by driving Subject Matter’s financial strategy and planning. This role is great for anyone who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Defines and leads processes for budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning with high degree of accuracy and transparency.
- Collaborates on monthly close process with accounting to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepares weekly cash flow forecast.
- Develops metrics that track department-specific and company-wide trends.
- Provides insightful predictions and analyses to inform overall company strategy.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly Board presentations, including presenting analyses and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Supports ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
- 10-12 years of experience in senior finance roles, with 5+ years in FP&A specifically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related; MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and forecasting in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices.
- Experience working with a private equity sponsor is a plus.
- QuickBooks Online and/or Oracle NetSuite experience (preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience working with others at all levels of the organization.
- Enjoys taking initiative, pays close attention to detail, and has exceptional prioritization skills to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic about designing and implementing systems that improve processes.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Subject Matter will require all new employees working from our physical office to provide proof of vaccination. Exemptions will be made for medical and/or religious reasons only, following an interactive process and determination of an essential accommodation.