Account Associate, Account Leadership
Washington, DC /
Account Leadership /
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying strategic communications, creative content production and government relations, we spur action—in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between. We call what we do Creative Advocacy.
Subject Matter is looking for a new Account Associate to join our Account Leadership team. This role is responsible for supporting account teams in daily activities, including managing client deliverables, leading management of smaller projects within the overall account and managing ongoing account team workflow documents and processes.
We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail, ability to problem-solve and a willingness to adjust and adapt as priorities change. This person will work as part of the client services team to support a portfolio of priority clients, including leading trade associations, non-profit organizations, and corporations.
· Deliver high-quality written and verbal content, exhibit strong presentation skills.
· Provide client service support: attend meetings, meet deadlines, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps.
· Establish relationships with key stakeholders, vendors and clients and maintain regular contact.
· Proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs.
· Manage projects end-to-end, working closely with internal staff, client stakeholders and vendors as needed.
· Be a hands-on team player adding value, sharing creative ideas.
· Assist in development and implementation of media relations, editorial strategy, thought leadership and content development for clients.
· Participate in new business opportunities/presentations and client presentations.
· Collaborate with project management team to develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with other client management teams and/or other service departments within the firm.
· At least 2-3 years of experience in project or account management, marketing, communications or related field within a public relations agency or a similar position.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently.
· Possesses positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service.
· Experience in reading and translating complex material. Ability to rewrite information into easily digestible format.
· Knowledge in using social media platforms to drive awareness and engagement.
· Strong interest or experience in various communications platforms (including social media, traditional print, digital and interactive user experience) and how they can be combined and leveraged for marketing and communications strategies.
· Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Flexibility to travel, work occasional overtime, and attend client promotional and professional functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Subject Matter will require all new employees working from our physical office to provide proof of vaccination. Exemptions will be made for medical and/or religious reasons only, following an interactive process and determination of an essential accommodation.