Executive Assistant to the CEO
Washington, DC /
About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted agency comprised of advertising and design experts, experienced journalists, media relations pros, digital specialists, strategists, technologists, filmmakers and lobbyists. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying strategic communications, creative content production and government relations, we spur action—in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between. We call what we do Creative Advocacy.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the agency. This position will require excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Manage the appointment calendar of the CEO.
- Manage the expense reporting for the CEO and provide ad hoc support for Operations Team.
- Proofread company documents.
- Reserve travel arrangements.
- Support operations team in scheduling firm-wide events and activities.
Project & Relationship Management
- Coordinate the creation and review of agendas and relevant materials (talking points, client portfolio summaries, financial performance presentations) for key staff strategy sessions, firm-wide meetings, and internal communications.
- Act as a facilitator for internal and external meetings by greeting priority guests and promoting the timely start and end to scheduled meetings.
- Work with relevant departments to prepare briefing information for the CEO before external or internal meetings and ensure required next steps are scheduled and completed.
- Support key office initiatives such as employee engagement trainings, thought leadership and marketing events and all- staff meetings, as needed.
- Collaborate with all departments to facilitate timely and productive engagement with the CEO.
- Collaborate with executive assistant staff to Founding Partners to facilitate productive engagement with CEO and investment partners.
- Minimum one year of relevant administrative support experience requirement; up to three years preferred.
- Experience in communications, marketing, issue advocacy, or general professional services industry a plus.
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- A positive, professional demeanor and "can do" attitude.
- Adept at project and process management.
- Desire and ability to take on increased responsibility as the position evolves.
- As this role supports a key member of the Executive Team, there may be occasional assistance required outside of regular work hours (such as weekends).
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Subject Matter will require all new employees working from our physical office to provide proof of vaccination. Exemptions will be made for medical and/or religious reasons only, following an interactive process and determination of an essential accommodation.