Somerville, MA /
Business Development – Product Development /
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra low-carbon cement that can be used in virtually any application under existing standards. Sublime's breakthrough process replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature and eliminates the use of fossil fuel and limestone, resulting in a zero-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are "amped about cement" (pun intended), who share our values of excellence, creativity, and teamwork, and our motivation to create a better world.
Sublime Systems is seeking a Product Manager to guide the development of our flagship product, Sublime Cement. The Product Manager will interface with customers and work closely with Sublime’s business and technical teams to define our product roadmap and will play a key role in determining Sublime’s future products and offerings.
This is an exciting opportunity to combat global climate change by transforming how the world makes cement. This is a full-time position located in Somerville, MA.
- Engage with current and potential customers to obtain feedback to guide product development
- Maintain / prioritize product development according to market requirements
- Develop and maintain customer-facing technical literature and resources
- Interface with all internal functions (e.g. engineering, R&D, business development/sales, executive team) and serve as the single source of truth for product definition, planning, and management of interdependencies
- Conduct market research and interviews to understand prioritization of future products and offerings
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Must be innovative, technically astute, can get deep in the weeds
- Experience talking with customers, VOC research
- Experience interfacing cross functional teams, especially engineering / R&D and business
- Experience in hardtech: chemicals/commodities, semiconductors, robotics, industrial technology, foodtech, etc.
- Experience in startup product management
- Hands-on individual contributor
- Must have interest in sustainability
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities
- A structured problem solver with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Experience in cement/concrete
- Experience in calculating carbon footprints and ESG metrics
- Experience creating sales collateral (or working with marketing to create it)
- Experience in market research
- Experience in roadmap development & product specification
Nice to have:
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.