Executive Operations Coordinator
Somerville, MA /
Operations – Executive Operations /
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra low-carbon cement that can be used in virtually any application under existing standards. Sublime's breakthrough process replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature and eliminates the use of fossil fuel and limestone, resulting in a zero-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are "amped about cement" (pun intended), who share our values of excellence, creativity, and teamwork, and our motivation to create a better world.
Sublime Systems is seeking a highly organized and proactive Executive Operations Coordinator to join our rapidly growing team. This ideal candidate is an organized, self-starting, and strongly professional individual with previous executive administrative experience. The Executive Operations Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to Sublime’s leadership team, supporting the day-to-day operations. This includes 1) managing calendars and travel arrangements, 2) supporting executive recruitment and priorities, 3) preparation for meetings and events, and 4) providing support for executive communications. The role will also require some support and coordination of the CEO’s senior team.
This role requires a large degree of in-person work at our Somerville, MA-based HQ. Only Boston-based candidates will be considered.
- Maintain the CEOs calendar and daily schedule, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements
- Coordinate and schedule C-Level, Board Member, and Advisor meetings, coordinating meeting spaces, reservations and meals whenever needed
- Manage scheduling for company executive(s) and senior team as needed
- Manage and arrange travel schedules for the senior team members and prepare detailed trip briefings for trips (flight arrangements, hotels, ground transit, meetings etc.) and expense reports for trips
- Be available to adjust the schedule and arrangements in case of last-minute changes or cancellations.
- Work with leadership to maintain and refine internal processes that support executive team members and optimize workflows
- Work with HR to support various onboarding and offboarding tasks for direct reports to CEO
- Coordinate executive hiring activities, including candidate and recruiter communications, interview scheduling, Operational requirements, travel for fly-in candidates, and expense reports for travel reimbursements
- Greet and assist interviewees onsite and act as day of contact
- Coordinating with leadership, serve as gatekeeper to ensure CEO time is protected and spent wisely
- Lead and support special projects as needed under the direction of the CEO.
- Maintain various records and documents for company executive(s), including CEO contact database and opportunities
- Greet the CEO's guests and create a welcoming environment for visitors to the office
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents, organizing logistics, taking notes of discussion, and preparing summaries as needed
- In partnership with leadership, prepare general briefings and briefing building blocks to ensure the CEO and leadership the information needed for meetings. This may involve preparing bios and agendas, researching background information, and ensuring distribution of action items after the meeting.
- Set up virtual conferences (coordinating video and audio conference calls) with a high level of confidence utilizing Zoom and other virtual tools.
- Plan executive / company offsites (quarterly) and other events as needed
- Support the management of the CEO's email communications and inbox, ensuring timely responses to external and internal requests by the CEO.
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of company executive(s)
- Partners with leadership to maintain strong communication with teams, compose and draft correspondence, and make suggestions on content or format.
- In partnership with the leadership and the Head of Comms, support the development of PowerPoint slides and/or other materials as requested for the CEO's internal meetings, press interviews, and external speaking engagements.
- Ability to be onsite a majority of the time.
- Ability to rapidly shift priorities and juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Strong decorum, professionalism, and ability to be discreet in the handling of highly sensitive company information.
The ideal candidate will have:
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of administrative and/or communications experience in a high-growth company
- Strong planning and critical thinking skills with the ability to anticipate the needs and actions of the CEO
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including gracious phone/Zoom manner and excellent email etiquette
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Familiarity and comfort with the fast-paced nature of a startup, including the ability to receive, prioritize, and react to information with minimal oversight and adjust “on the fly”
- Strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills, including a respectful, customer-focused attitude towards all with whom the CEO interacts
- A mission-driven individual who is fulfilled and motivated by the goal of having a massive and swift impact on the climate crisis through decarbonization of the cement industry
- A high tolerance for ambiguity, positive attitude, and bias for action
- Curious, eager to learn, and a team player; “no task is too small” mentality.
- Entrepreneurial and unafraid to tackle complex problems with imperfect information
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft 365 (including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Calendar)
- Previous experience with various business technology platforms such as Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, ERPs, travel management systems, and office-based telecom systems.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on self-directed projects
- Ability to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire