Somerville, MA /
Operations – Facilities /
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra-low-carbon cement. Sublime’s breakthrough replaces the industry’s legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature, eliminating the use of fossil fuel and the need for limestone, resulting in low-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale CO2 reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are “amped about cement” (pun intended), who share our values (excellence, creativity, and teamwork), and our motivation to create a better world.
Sublime Systems seeks a Facilities Co-op to support our Operations, R&D, and Engineering teams in ensuring the smooth and safe operation of our laboratory facilities. An ideal candidate is interested in learning about the practical aspects of managing a laboratory safely and efficiently and supporting the execution of scientific research.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform how the world makes cement and work at a fast-growing climatetech startup. It is also an entry-level position that can accommodate academic commitments. We offer a supportive and collaborative work environment where you can learn and grow. If you are interested in a career in laboratory management, safety compliance, or scientific research, we encourage you to apply.
- Assist the team in maintaining a clean, safe, and functional laboratory environment
- Help with the organization and inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Perform routine maintenance, inspection, and cleaning tasks, such as changing filters and restocking consumables
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of laboratory experiments and equipment as needed
- Help to coordinate and schedule facility repairs and maintenance with outside vendors and contractors
- Assist with general administrative tasks such as data entry and record-keeping
- Assist in ensuring workplaces are set up in a clean and organized manner for optimal efficiency.
- Develop documentation and SOPs for ongoing operations and maintenance of new facility equipment.
- Lead role in projects related to facilities and lab operations
- Support on-site event and meeting coordination, ensuring set up and break down occurs in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with laboratory safety protocols and regulations and contribute to creating a safety-first culture in all Sublime Systems workspaces.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations team.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university in a Bachelor/Master's in Occupational Health & Safety or other relevant degree program.
- Must be able to work full-time (32 hours per week) on-site at our Somerville location
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels of the organization in both written and verbal communication
- Basic understanding of laboratory safety and regulations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire