Process Engineering Intern/Co-Op
Somerville, MA /
Engineering – Mineral Processing /
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra-low-carbon cement. Sublime's breakthrough replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature, eliminating the use of fossil fuel and the need for limestone, resulting in low-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale CO2 reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lowercarbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who are "amped about cement" (pun intended), who share our values (excellence, creativity, and teamwork), and our motivation to create a better world.
- This position is to provide support to engineering department on various projects as needed.
- Support Engineers in routine work to create and/or update regulated protocols and drawings.
- Engage with various stakeholders under engineering supervision to gather technical specifications and update various systems as assigned
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and processes including PI data analyses, etc.
- Assist team in ramping up production in new manufacturing plant.
- Attend daily engineering meetings with the expectation of being assigned action items.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or industrial engineering.
- Strong excel skills ( preferred)
- Familiarity with python or Matlab desired
- Basic understanding of statistics software (JMP, Minitab, R) preferred
- Familiarity with chemical process simulation software (Aspen, OLI, MetSim, etc).
- Previous experience as a Co-op or intern a plus
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.