Clariti’s government software helps North America’s largest and fastest growing communities deliver exceptional community development, permitting, and licensing experiences online. Every day, our solutions help governments approve more permits for new homes, business licenses for entrepreneurs, and professional licenses for essential workers.
As of 2023, following Clariti’s acquisition of Camino Technologies, a leading permitting and licensing software company serving small and mid-sized governments, our software is used by over 150 million people each day.
If you’re interested in learning more about our company culture, and joining our team of relentless builders, you can check out more about our team here.
About the Role
As we embark on this new chapter of our growing business (including a recent successful growth equity round!) we are looking for a strategic finance leader with expertise in leading our strategic finance function, growing teams and focusing on overall enterprise value. This is a role for a hands-on leader — you will be in the weeds building the function and working while leading. This is an opportunity to build an incredible high performance team while also adding value from a tactical perspective on a daily basis. In this role you will be a key player on the Senior Leadership team and a thought partner with the CEO & COO and executives.
In this role you will own some incredible pieces of our organization.
Financial Strategy & Leadership
- Develop and execute the company's financial strategy in alignment with the overall business goals and objectives
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to the co-CEO’s and board of directors
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive financial planning processes, budgeting, and forecasting
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team. Mentor and develop team members to enhance their skills and capabilities
- Lead the relationship with our external accounting firm for SR&ED and tax advisory as required
- Knowledge of Canada-US cross border transactions and consolidation of accounts, including banking and tax filing from our US subsidiary is an asset
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process. Monitor expenses, control costs, and optimize resource allocation to ensure financial sustainability
- Manage cash flow effectively to support day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives
- Partner with Leadership for any fundraising activities, including building relationships with potential investors and partners. Prepare investment pitches, negotiate funding terms and assist with due diligence
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Build out an FP&A function and help develop and execute the overall FP&A strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, providing actionable recommendations to leadership
- Develop financial models and metrics to evaluate business performance, assess profitability, and support decision-making processes
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with functional leaders to develop realistic and achievable financial targets
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop long-term financial forecasts, scenario analysis, and sensitivity models to assess potential outcomes
- Monitor budget adherence and provide variance analysis to identify areas of improvement and potential cost-saving opportunities
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
Business Partnership and Decision Support
- Challenge thinking, provide direction, prioritize financial deliverables, and be a trusted adviser to the Co-CEOs and executive team
- Develop business cases and deliver financial analyses for potential initiatives in the areas of product prioritization, strategic partnerships and others
- Monitor and analyze financial performance key performance metrics and provide meaningful recommendations
- Partner with senior leadership to support strategic initiatives, providing financial insights and recommendations.
- Conduct financial evaluations for potential investments, new business opportunities, and acquisitions, including financial due diligence.
- Support business case development, pricing strategies, and cost optimization initiatives.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Oversee legal and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and company policies.
- Oversee internal controls and financial procedures to safeguard company assets and minimize financial risks.
- Collaborate with external auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory bodies to facilitate audits and maintain strong relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (MBA, CFA or CPA preferred)
- You have owned the build-out and maintenance of a product’s full operating model
- You have experience in a scaling, growth-stage business; experience in Enterprise B2B SaaS is a bonus
- You have proven experience in a senior finance role with a strong focus on strategic finance and FP&A
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial and accounting principles, regulations, and practices
- You are an exceptional communicator and excel at working with cross-functional teams to reach alignment in ambiguous situations
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and contribute to the overall organizational goals
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment