Director of Data & Engineering
New York, NY /
Data & Engineering /
Ten Little is on a mission to make parents’ lives easier by helping them find the right products for their children at every developmental stage. Created in collaboration with world-class doctors, the brand’s first category was PETA-approved vegan shoes that support natural development and movement coupled with tools to help find each child’s perfect fit. When it is time to size up, Ten Little’s predictive data platform sends personalized reminders for each child based on size, color, location, and season, and lets parents reorder instantly via text. Ten Little has since expanded into additional product categories including socks, accessories, and outdoor play, and brought mission-aligned and expert-vetted third-party brands onto its platform.
Data is at the core of our product. Building a comprehensive growth dataset for children, our mission is to make parents’ lives easier by seamlessly predicting and delivering the best kids’ essentials in the right size and stage, and at the right time. Expanding into multiple categories and introducing best-in-class brands, we will be the first platform that accounts for the most important factor in transforming the way parents shop for kids: change - change in size, developmental milestones, and taste. As Director of Data & Engineering, you will be responsible for building and scaling our predictive commerce platform to create better customer experiences, power operational planning, enable smarter business decisions, and drive innovations company-wide. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an impactful and multi-disciplinary player-coach role.
- Define, develop, and execute the long term vision, org structure, and technology direction for the ecommerce and data platforms that power our customer experience and internal operations, in partnership with product
- Grow and lead a team of high performing software and data engineers as well as data scientists and analysts across multiple locations, while individually contributing code until the team scales
- Drive engineering practices to ensure a high degree of software and data quality and scalable infrastructure, while maintaining rapid velocity
- Partner across the organization to develop and enhance tools to provide actionable insights and real-time monitoring for internal teams
- 6+ years of experience working at the intersection of data science, data engineering and software development teams and shipping impactful products within data-driven organizations, especially in retail and ecommerce
- Experience in hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers, data scientists, analysts
- Practical experience across a wide array of areas including web services, DevOps, data pipelines, data warehousing, and cloud infrastructure; hands-on experience with technologies such as AWS suite of cloud and data products
- Strong technical understanding of and hands on experience in data science, machine learning, analytical methodologies and tools
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit comfortable working hands-on and collaboratively with a bias towards action in a fast-paced environment
This role is full-time and can be remote.