San Francisco, CA /
At TerraTrue, we’re building the future of privacy and security. Our platform digitizes privacy programs, transforming the work that teams do before they ship new features from slow, manual, and ad hoc to fast, automated, and scalable. With one workflow, TerraTrue maps new features to the world’s privacy laws and an org’s own rules, auto-populates workflows, and updates data maps, reports, and analytics in real time. Our innovative approach to privacy is why the most innovative companies are using TerraTrue to move fast and get privacy right.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a seasoned privacy counsel who understands the challenges that modern companies face when trying to build and deploy fast, scalable privacy programs. But this isn’t like any privacy role you’ve seen before. You’ll leverage your privacy expertise to help design cutting-edge products that allow organizations of all sizes to get privacy right. You’ll need to think creatively about how to seamlessly integrate privacy into companies’ development cycles and help us imagine innovative ways for teams to confidently cinch privacy risks without impeding innovation.
As privacy counsel, you’ll also work closely with TerraTrue designers, product leads, and engineers to ensure that new products and features meet our high standards for privacy and security.
- Deep knowledge of privacy regulations (GDPR, CPRA, etc.) and industry best practices
- Ability to clearly explain complex privacy issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- 5 years of experience counseling fast-moving companies on privacy matters and how to implement and maintain a privacy-by-design program
- Ability to think creatively and help build scalable products that our customers can trust to help them conquer privacy
- Passion for privacy and the role that TerraTrue can play in enhancing privacy for all
- JD degree
- 3+ years of in-house experience implementing and maintaining a global privacy program
- Experience working with teams that develop and maintain software in enterprise or end-user facing products
At TerraTrue, we want a vibrant workplace teeming with diverse views, experiences, perspectives, and pretty much all that defines us as uniquely human. That’s why, from the get-go, we’ve been committed to being an equal opportunity employer that provides employment opportunities to all, regardless of race, religion, color, ancestry, religion, sex, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, just let us know by emailing email@example.com.