Hawai'i County, HI /
Full Time Employee
Terraformation is seeking a talented and experienced paralegal to support the legal department on various commercial transactions. Terraformation’s overall mission is to grow forests on 3 billion acres of land. Our legal team plays a critical role in enabling Terraformation’s mission by managing legal risks while enabling our global business development and Hawaii-based forestry teams to build strategic long-term commercial relationships and partnerships. As our paralegal, you will work closely with our legal department, as well as other business teams as the main contact for various legal, transactional and documentation support.
- Prepare and review, for the legal department and other functional teams, legal documents, templates and correspondence, in connection with commercial and corporate transactions
- Manage corporate legal entity setup; prepare board and shareholder resolutions; support amendments of organizational documents and other related corporate governance matters
- Maintain and manage company-wide legal records and files, ensuring compliance to company policies on pre-signing reviews and functional approvals and post-execution documentation management
- Provide overall support to attorneys and other functions on legal and transactional matters
- Request and organize materials from attorneys, clients, third parties, outside counsel, and/or company personnel
- Finalize production of reports and other necessary materials for department meetings and activities
- Develop and master the use of (and encourage others to adopt) company tools, databases, and processes to efficiently achieve work objectives
- Make recommendations on new processes in response to business growth
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 6 years’ paralegal experience
- Exceptional attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Must be able to work with highly confidential and sensitive documents and information and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Google Docs and MS Office products
- Strong team player with the ability to critically identify problems, drive projects forward, make complex cost/benefit analysis, and identify pragmatic and creative legal and business solutions
We’re an early-stage startup that cares passionately about solving the climate crisis.
We believe that forests are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon drawdown solution.
Our mission is to accelerate restoration of 3 billion acres of degraded lands to their native ecosystems, activating the most massive carbon drawdown effort on the planet. We help partners secure diverse native seed supply, tackle freshwater shortages with solar-powered desalination, design sustainable business plans, access high quality training, and more.
Read more at terraformation.com