Senior Visual Designer (Remote)
Hawai'i County, HI /
Full Time Employee
Terraformation is hiring a creative Senior Visual Content Designer with excellent graphic design skills (video editing a plus!). You will work closely with other members of the Communications team to produce visual assets for social media channels. You may occasionally provide visual design assistance for other communications channels, as needed.
This role will combine strategy setting with hands-on execution. The Senior Visual Content Designer will help create and define our visual identity and content strategy on social media as well as produce, test, and refine visual assets for audience engagement and growth. This will include a mix of content such as infographics, animations, gifs, short-form videos, and more.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume and a sample of your work (for example: a digital portfolio, samples of graphic assets and videos created and produced by you, or a social media account with visual assets produced by you). Prioritize content designed for social media channels and digital campaigns.
- Design and produce graphic materials in multiple formats for Terraformation’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and others;
- Help to craft Terraformation’s social media visual identity in collaboration with Terraformation’s Creative, Design, and Social Media teams;
- Create strategic, effective, data-rich assets (animations, visuals, infographics, videos and more) that communicate innovative takes on climate solutions, raising the bar of climate conversations
- Help the Social Media Manager supervise the creation of videos for social media by internal and external video producers, as needed;
- Support the creation of our Social Media guidelines, particularly regarding visual assets;
- Work in collaboration with Terraformation’s Head of Design, ensure consistent brand, logo, and style is used in graphic productions;
- Stay up to date with current technologies, applications and trends in graphic and video production for social media.
- Perform other related design and content strategy tasks when necessary.
- 5+ years of graphic design experience
- Excellent graphic design and motion graphic skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
- Ability to create visual assets that express concepts in short, relatable, informative and entertaining ways
- Willingness to get into details to produce creative visual, data-rich content about climate solutions
- Knowledge of environmental visual messaging strategy, or a willingness to learn
- Willingness to work on a collaborative team and jump in as needed
- Passion about the environment and for Terraformation’s mission
- Prior experience producing visual assets for Social Media campaigns and accounts;
- Video production and editing skills, and knowledge of Wochit or similar production tools;
- Experience producing creative Tik Tok and Reels videos;
- Experience producing content for a global audience is not mandatory but highly desirable.
Love the Job, but Don’t Have Every Box Checked?
The Terraformation Communications team is a diverse group with varied interests and experiences. If you are inspired by our mission, then we encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every skill we’re looking for. Our flexibility and dedication to growth is at the core of our contributions on this exciting journey together.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Terraformation, we care passionately about solving the climate crisis. We believe that forests are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon drawdown solution. Our mission is to accelerate restoration of 3 billion acres of degraded lands to their native ecosystems, activating the most massive carbon drawdown effort on the planet.
We help partners secure diverse native seed supply, tackle freshwater shortages with solar-powered desalination, design sustainable business plans, access high quality training, and more.
Read more about Terraformation on our website:terraformation.com