Senior Platform Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
As a Senior Platform Engineer at Thuuz, you’ll be a member of an Agile team empowered to drive the direction and evolution of our products. If you’re a person who likes autonomy, mastering your craft and promoting technical excellence in a fast paced startup environment, then Thuuz is the place for you.
What You Get to Do
- Contribute to and lead in the design, development and extension of our platform into new sports, new features and growing customer demand
- Collaborate with an excellent team of Engineers, Product Managers and other stakeholders to develop a cutting edge multi-tier, multi-layered application framework, while adhering to good code, documentation and design standards
- Innovate, design and develop extensible and reusable solutions with quality and performance being your #1 priority
- Educate and also learn from your peers by participating in code reviews on a daily basis
- Improve your software along the way by planning and implementing refactoring projects targeted at reducing technical debt and improving the overall system architecture
What You Need to Bring
- A passion for technology in all layers of the application
- 5-7+ years of experience successfully developing and delivering commercial applications in Python with a demonstrated ability to implement complex algorithms and analytical systems.
- Data pipeline experience - processing and integrating data from diverse sources, including real-time and historical video, audio, sports data feeds, and public and private databases.
- Experience in developing and maintaining powerful and intuitive RESTful APIs
- Strong experience with AWS infrastructure, architecture, and administration
- An understanding of how to build clean, secure, networking infrastructure
- Hands on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment systems
- Knowledge of configuration management strategies and techniques, and experience with the tools used in their implementation
- A strong background in building well-monitored infrastructure and applications
- A deep understanding of the various types of persistence stores used in today’s modern infrastructures, and how to deploy, monitor, and tune for optimal efficiency in the persistence tier. (MySQL Preferred)
- An obsession for ensuring high quality in deliverables through the use of unit testing, integration testing, and test-driven development
- An ability to improve and refactor existing systems through the use of careful, deliberate tactics that converge on scalable, high quality solutions
- Eligibility to work in the United States
What Will Set You Apart
- Your passionate, driven, team-oriented and hard-working approach that not only results in the delivery of great products, but also improves your surroundings and motivates your team
- Your desire to work in a fast moving, aggressive, and occasionally chaotic startup environment.
- Your team before self mentality
- Your strong desire for writing high quality, readable, and testable code that meets all scalability and performance requirements
- Your ability to help your team converge on a software development process that maximizes developer efficiency and improves the overall value of the company’s products