Sports Highlights Automation Analyst (hourly, multiple openings, includes swing shift opportunities)
Palo Alto, CA
This position involves reviewing and making adjustments that will inform our algorithms for cutting-edge automated game highlights across a variety of sports and leagues. This work can be done off site after a training session, and could support live and/or postgame verification, using a proprietary tool specifically suited for this review.
This work would be hourly, with typical shifts based on the duration of games (2-3 hours), either as the game is taking place or based on your availability. This is a great opportunity for sports fans who already enjoy actively watching sports and want to get exposure to working for a fast growing technology startup, while contributing to making it easier for people to enjoy the most exciting plays of any given game. There is a possibility of a longer term opportunity at Thuuz for candidates who stand out in their work in this role.
- Ensure quality of automated highlights constructed by the Thuuz platform
- Suggest enhancements to algorithms to improve highlight capture
- Provide feedback on novelty and excitement output on highlights generated
- Support initial testing of highlights created for new sports and clients
- Provide highlight analysis during live event or live highlight creation
- Familiarity with sports highlights and a grasp of what makes a good highlight video
- Knowledge of the rules for a number of sports including: soccer, baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis
- Ability to identify key players and game situations
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly learn software tools
- Ability to make quick evaluations and decisions in a real-time setting
- Solid computer and technical background, working knowledge of Mac OS a plus.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable, motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A strong ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.