Senior Accounting Manager
Boston, MA /
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
As the ideal Senior Accounting Manager candidate, you get excited about navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. You have a strong sense of ownership of all things general accounting.
- 7+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Inventory, cost accounting, and contract manufacturing experience.
- Subsidiary consolidation experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP rules and regulations especially ASC 606.
- Advanced knowledge of NetSuite and/or NetSuite Administrator.
- You are a self-starter with an appetite to learn and grow.
- Startup experience is preferred.
What you’ll focus on:
- Overseeing day-to-day accounting functions including, revenue recognition, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, and payroll.
- Overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and reviewing reconciliations. Preparing financial statements and understanding the financial state of the business.
- Assisting in financial statements reporting for internal and external parties.
- Evaluating, developing, and implementing new and existing accounting processes; implementing enhancements, improving automation and controls, and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Collaborating with FP&A and business leaders to review and manage budgets including ongoing variance analysis.
- Working with other teams on financial reporting and operational issues related to the billing/revenue cycle, procurements, and other projects.
- Supervising payroll and related filings for domestic and foreign entities.
- Supporting the annual financial audits.
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.