Senior Accounting Manager
Boston, MA /
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
Tive is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. This role will report to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for month/quarter end close, account reconciliations, and compliance with GAAP standards. You will be hands-on, understand accounting operations, and have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you! This is a great opportunity that will allow for career growth as the company continues to expand.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Advanced knowledge of NetSuite.
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Love for automating processes via technology.
- A strong sense of ownership of all things accounting.
- International expansion experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Owning accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition, payroll, and monthly close.
- Manage the team closely and assign duties as needed.
- Leading month-end close process and financial statement reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP by establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Completing a sales tax compliance project; implement sales tax management software and develop processes for ongoing compliance.
- Respond and prioritize internal and external requests from our employees and customers/vendors.
- Research and problem solve accounting discrepancies with customers
- Tracking and managing compliance with federal, state and local tax and legal requirements for a growing remote workforce.
- Evaluating current accounting processes to implement enhancements, improve automation, and design controls.
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.