Boston, MA /
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
As a DevOps Engineer at Tive you will be working on different aspects of software infrastructure and DevOps and rising to the challenge of tackling a wide array of tasks and projects.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A proven track record of being driven with great attention to detail,
- The ability to work comfortably across all of our cloud infrastructure such as AWS and DevOps,
- Experience building secure multi-tier web applications,
- Experience configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems such as TeamCity,
- Proficiency with databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, and MongoDB,
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C#,
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes to build containerized applications,
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate with the team, and
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience building scalable multi-region applications,
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka,
- Experience configuring software monitoring tools such as DataDog and CloudWatch,
- Proficiency using configuration management tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation,
- Strong abstraction and design skills, and
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases.
In addition, they may have:
What you’ll be doing:
- You will help to scale a large data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
- You will use different aspects of software infrastructure to address a range of needed tasks and projects.
- You will work to build strong relationships with and support co-workers, including remote peers in other time zones.
- You will contribute to a fast paced, world class team while helping grow the company that aims to make this the best place you’ve ever worked!
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.