Boston, MA /
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
As a Software Engineer at Tive, you will be part of a team that is responsible for building a large scale data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A successful history in software engineering positions,
- Experience with multi-tier web application development,
- Experience with AWS hosting environments and DevOps,
- A strong desire to learn, teach, and collaborate with the team,
- Superb abstraction and design skills,
- An understanding of data modeling and relational databases,
- Proficiency with server side languages such as C# and Python,
- Familiarity with databases such as Sql Server, Postgres, and
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- The ability to be flexible and work either hybrid or full time in our Charlestown office,
- Experience with big data streaming platforms such as AWS Kinesis or Apache Kafka,
- Experience building secure web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular,
- Experience using Docker to build containerized applications,
- Experience working with Data Scientists to bring business insights to the product, and
- Experience working with Customer Success to troubleshoot and correct customer issues.
In addition, they may have:
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work together with your team to build a data processing and analytics system.
- You will tackle individual engineering related tasks as needed.
- You will work to build strong relationships with, and support co-workers, including remote peers in other time zones.
- You will contribute to a fast paced, world class team whilst helping grow the company that aims to make this the best place you’ve ever worked.
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.