IT Support Specialist
Boston, MA /
At Tive we imagine a world fully transparent, where everything and everyone is connected. We want to pioneer beyond what the world thought possible so what others hold near and dear arrives on time and in full.
We believe and live four core company values:
1. Create transparency first, everything else second: We believe the strongest trust belongs to those who are transparent, open and deliver on their word.
2. Make it simple: We expect to do the work and deliver technical solutions to complex problems, simply.
3. At Tive, we’ve got your back: We hold fierce loyalty to our people.
4. Relentless iteration to find a better way: Our energy to learn new things and create solutions every day is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Tive exists to solve the real time visibility challenges related to one of the world’s largest and most complex networks: global logistics and supply chain. Our team is focused on giving our customers the most access to accurate, live, and meaningful information about their shipments. Whether by road or rail, ocean or air, Tive is the most innovative and accurate way for companies to track their cargo.
Tive is looking for a capable and motivated IT Support Specialist to support our computer hardware, software, and networks in our Boston office. Our ideal candidate is driven with great attention to detail and has the ability to work as part of the IT team at Tive. As the IT Support Specialist based out of the Boston office, you will play a critical role being the first point of contact supporting the Boston team. The role will work with the IT Manager, who is also based out of the Boston office and the other IT specialist located in the Kosovo office.
Skills you will need
- 1 or more years of experience working in the IT field at a business or organization
- General knowledge of technologies including cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, networking, storage, collaboration tools, service desk, etc.
- Experience configuring and working in cloud-based business systems, such as G Suite, Slack, Jira, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience onboarding/offboarding employees, including provisioning user accounts and laptops, as well as deprovisioning user accounts and equipment retrieval
- Experience with installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, printers, and scanners
- Experience configuring and supporting Windows and MacOS systems
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient problem-solving skills and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with remote coworkers in other time zones
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems implemented, as well as educating others
- Experience with workforce identity products such as JumpCloud, Okta, or OneLogin
- Experience with password manager solutions such as Keeper or LastPass
- Experience purchasing IT equipment and software
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and ISO 27001 compliance and auditing (Vanta)
- Familiarity with iOS and Android OS
- Any IT certifications such as A+, Network+, Microsoft, Cisco, etc
- Has been involved in an office move before and is capable of setting up a new office
We celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.