Product Marketing Manager
Boston, MA /
WHAT WE DO & HOW WE DO IT:
Whether companies produce computers, drugs, berries, or detergent, they have to get those goods from their facility to the consumer. Unfortunately, over $100B of goods are lost or damaged while in transit. Tive eliminates this waste by allowing companies to act on in-transit incidents before they happen.
The Tive tracker is a small device that measures the condition of a shipment (location, temperature, shock, etc.) and sends that information to the Tive web application where customers can configure what happens when the tracker detects an issue. Tive customers join because of the market leading product, but stay because everyone on the Tive team goes above and beyond to ensure their shipments arrive safely.
The Product Marketing Manager role at Tive is the glue that binds our product strategy to the campaigns and activities we need to drive success in sales and marketing. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches, creating product content for each step in the customer journey, and driving demand for the Tive solution - saving shipments from preventable delays and damage.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our shipper/logistics service providers’ personas better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions and the objections they may present. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market research, segmentation, and customer journey mapping and then use that knowledge to drive the development of product positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful.
You will report to the Head of Marketing and collaborate with the Head of Product, VP of hardware, and Director of software teams to develop innovative demand programs. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You are an excellent writer with experience with how to create and direct third-party creation of compelling content (web copy, brochures, blog posts, presentations, sales tools, etc.) and campaigns. You are comfortable getting technical on topics such as shipment visibility, transportation management, and hardware capabilities/limitations.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, customers, partners, and salespeople; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers and influencers, who they are, how they buy, their critical buying criteria, and how to group them into segments and industries.
- Competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaboration— with product management and corporate marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer segments and personas.
- Buyer’s journey—understand and document the buyer’s journey, including where they get information and the who, what, when, and why behind their decisions. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products/services/solution you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis and deliver monthly dashboards with recommended changes.
- Plan and lead the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products/services and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales team; help train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral, and teach them how and when to use them.
- Create industry-leading content that showcases our use of our own technology.
- Manage customer-facing content for executives, including communications.
- Create and maintain marketing assets, including pitch decks and keynote presentations.
- Interact with senior executives and extended teams to create and develop impactful and innovative presentations.
- Identify top customer insights and use customer feedback to inform new messaging.
- Confidently deliver presentations to varying internal and external audiences.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in technology/hardware – with at least two years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Must be a solid public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, both in person and in virtual environments.
- Must be a solid writer. Samples of published written works and portfolios showcasing a campaign you led or were involved in are required.
- Exceptional marketing pipeline, funnel, and ROI-tracking skills can prove what is –or isn’t – working.
- Excellent soft skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Extra points for Figma, SFDC, Monday.com proficiency.
- HubSpot Inbound Certified preferred.
- Familiar with Demandbase and Google Analytics.
WORKING AT TIVE:
Tive is a rapidly growing company with a highly efficient and talented team. Success is measured by your ability to solve problems for our customers and support your fellow co-workers in doing the same. We value transparency with frequent feedback between peers to ensure we all have the opportunity to grow and evolve together. Tive provides competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401k) and more. Come join us to make the world a more efficient place.
Tive is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.