Miami, FL /
Traba is scaling at an unprecedented rate. We are a marketplace that connects hourly workers with flexible shifts at warehouses, distribution centers, and event venues. We empower workers to find well-paying shifts—work that is flexible, transparent, meaningful, and available just a few taps away. We provide businesses with a business portal that helps them find the most reliable workers on-demand. By connecting both, we unlock new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth.
We are seeking an experienced & entrepreneurial full-stack engineer to join the founding team to help build our core suite of products—the React Native worker mobile app, the React/Node.js business web app, and a React/Node.js tools platform for our ops team. You'll partner with our CTO to help provide key input on the product roadmap, own product decisions, and build our foundational tech platform.
- Voracious learner. You love diving into new areas and exploring new languages, frameworks, and technologies, and can discuss product with a UX designer one minute and deployment infrastructure with tech leads the next.
- Value clear communication. You recognize the importance of clear communication, documented planning, and transparent, frequent feedback.
- Sweat the small stuff. You have strong opinions on design patterns, IDEs, tabs vs. spaces—you understand that how you do one thing is how you do everything, so you care about the details.
- Experience with or desire to learn React Native. You have the front-end chops to build beautiful performant apps and love creating products that delight users.
- Write & review high-quality, performant code for our React Native mobile app, React/Typescript web apps, and Firebase/Node.js/PostgreSQL APIs
- Architect & document our tech platform and advise key product & infrastructure decisions
- Collaborate with designers to implement pixel-perfect, eye-pleasing UIs
- Implement our CI/CD workflows, using Docker & GitlabCI
- Add analytics & monitoring to help understand our user experience & application health
- Contribute in a ton of other ways to a scrappy founding team building the future of flexible light industrial staffing!
- Experience with Firebase & Docker
- Experience working in an early-stage engineering team, working through ambiguity and being a self-starter
- A passion for helping people find meaningful work that works for them
Traba's mission is to empower hourly workers and local businesses to unlock their full productivity and earning potential.
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency. Our workers also help event companies setup and take down equipment (such as chairs, tables, or a concert stage).