Senior Software Engineer
New York City, NY
Traba’s mission is to empower businesses and workers to reach their full productivity and potential. Traba is a technology company that is revolutionizing the broken staffing industry through a marketplace that connects light industrial businesses with reliable talent while providing workers with flexible and meaningful opportunities. By connecting both, new levels of productivity, earning potential, and avenues for growth are unlocked. We’re proud to be backed by the world’s best investors, such as Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and General Catalyst.
We are seeking an experienced & entrepreneurial full-stack engineer to join the founding team to help build our core suite of products—the React Native worker mobile app, the React/Node.js business web app, and a React/Node.js tools platform for our ops team. You'll partner with our CTO to help make key architectural decisions, iterate on the product roadmap, own product decisions, and architect & build our foundational tech platform.
- Voracious learner. You love diving into new areas and exploring new languages, frameworks, and technologies, and can discuss product with a UX designer one minute and deployment infrastructure with tech leads the next.
- Value clear communication. You recognize the importance of clear communication, documented planning, and transparent, frequent feedback.
- Sweat the small stuff. You have strong opinions on design patterns, IDEs, tabs vs. spaces—you understand that how you do one thing is how you do everything, so you care about the details.
- Deep experience building full-stack web applications. You have designed and built performant, scalable applications, and have expertise in developing APIs, data modeling, & deploying & scaling distributed systems.
- Architect and lead the development of our React/Typescript web apps and Firebase/Node.js APIs
- Architect & document our tech platform and advise key product & infrastructure decisions
- Implement our CI/CD workflows, using Docker & Github
- Build analytics & monitoring to help understand our user experience & application health
- Contribute in a ton of other ways to a scrappy founding team building the future of flexible light industrial staffing!
- Experience with Firebase & Docker
- Experience building APIs
- Experience working in an early-stage engineering team, working through ambiguity, and being a self-starter
- A passion for helping people find meaningful work that works for them
- Founding Equity in Traba
- 100% healthcare, dental, and vision
- Dinner provided in office + a fully stocked kitchen!
- Health Advocate coverage, Gympass, OneMedical, Teladoc Virtual, TalkSpace Mental Health Therapy
$140,000 - $180,000 a year
We offer competitive compensation aligned to tier-one markets. Our estimated salary for this role at Traba ranges from $140,000 to $180,000. Actual pay is determined by multiple factors such as skills, qualifications, experience, and market demand.
Dream BIG - We are on a path to change the world for the better. We create and communicate a bold direction that inspires a life-changing vision. We don’t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Olympian’s Work Ethic - Changing the world never comes easy. We work harder, longer, and smarter, not just two out of three. We put everything we have on the field.
Growth Mindset - We confront the toughest challenges head-on and persevere. Sometimes we fail, but we brush ourselves off, adapt, learn, and push forward with resilience.
Customer Obsession - We go the extra mile for our workers and businesses. We remain focused on delivering high-quality products and services that solve these often overlooked communities’ problems.
What is light industrial labor?
Light industrial flexible staffing is a $40B labor market that encompasses entry-level jobs in warehouses & distribution centers. These workers pack boxes, load trucks, and manage warehouse operations to keep supply chains running at peak efficiency.