Backend Engineer - Product - SE3 (ISB)
Engineering – Backend /
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for every one of your devices: phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built truly for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity.
At the core of it all, we have a team and culture that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 500 best startup employers in the US. Our team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries.
We're a venture-backed company entering hypergrowth, having recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America, and we’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team.
We're looking for an exceptional backend engineer to help us scale and connect millions of devices to wireless networks. The projects and potential impact are incredible. We're looking for talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial team members who are excited to tackle these challenges.
This role is based out of ISB.
As a solution architect, you will:
- Architect optimal solutions to our business problems
- Produce comprehensive architectural documents for the permanent documentation of systems
- Creating high-level IT architecture specifications and design documents for other engineers to follow
- Assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Size tasks, and collaborate for optimal delivery times
- Be accountable for implementing end-to-end solutions
- Solidify and improve on our continuous uptime
What we're looking for:
- Have experience (7+ years or equivalent) of building enterprise-ready platforms, handling high transactional volumes
- Strong knowledge of Java 8 (onwards), Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL concepts
- Hands-on API design experience
- Self-starter and quick problem-solver
- Experience with scale and high-traffic applications
- Experience with different nonfunctional conformance aspects like security, reliability, and high availability
- Experience with Google Cloud and Kubernetes (GKE & GCP)
- Experience in Domain-Driven Design, Event Storming techniques to flush out high-level architectural patterns
- Microservice architecture and API Gateway knowledge
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence, and make an impact in a cross-functional environment within all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with other JVM languages like Kotlin and Scala
- Read/Write Clean code and Clean architecture
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running
Think you’d be a great fit? Apply to learn more!