Lead Security Engineer
New York City /
Cyber Security – Cyber Security /
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for every one of your devices: phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built truly for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity.
At the core of it all, we have a team and culture that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 500 best startup employers in the US. Our team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries.
We're a venture-backed company entering hypergrowth, having recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America, and we’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team.
Lead Security Engineer, you will:
As the Lead Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in keeping our information and technology-related systems safe and protected. You will be responsible for the monitoring, detection, coordinated response, and management of potential incidents and cybersecurity threats to mitigate the impact of interruption of routine business operations. You will lead a team of security engineers and collaborate with other teams, including DevOps and IT operations, to ensure the security and integrity of our IT infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Develop and implement security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems and data.
- Lead a team of security engineers responsible for monitoring, detecting, and responding to potential incidents and cybersecurity threats.
- Utilize threat intelligence and fusion analysis to identify and properly disposition incidents, trends, and emerging threats.
- Conduct maturity and operational assessments to identify vulnerabilities and recommend security enhancements to senior-level leaders.
- Provide information and data about actual cyber threats to senior-level leaders to demonstrate the efficacy of the overall operational program.
- Work collaboratively with other teams, including DevOps and IT operations, to ensure that security is integrated into our systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain incident response plans and playbooks, including conducting regular tabletop exercises to ensure preparedness.
- Conduct regular security awareness and training sessions for employees to promote a culture of security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in cybersecurity or related field, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles and best practices, including security architecture and design, identity and access management, network security, and incident response.
- Experience with security monitoring tools and technologies, such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, and endpoint detection and response.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or SANS/GIAC are strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Gym reimbursement
- Your choice of tech & noise-canceling headphones
- NYC Office: Free cellular service on the best network in the US
- Free lunch in NYC office & fully stocked kitchen
- Metrocard reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $150k-$175k (NYC based)
Think you’d be a great fit? Apply to learn more!