SR. QA Automation Engineer
New York City
QA – QA /
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for every one of your devices: phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built truly for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity.
At the core of it all, we have a team and culture that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 500 best startup employers in the US. Our team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries.
We're a venture-backed company entering hypergrowth, having recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America, and we’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team.
The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for working within the engineering teams to plan, design, and execute software quality assurance and test programs. This role focuses on designing tests for US Mobile's Self Service and Customer Service portal. The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Product Managers, Engineering team members, and other QA members to design thorough test programs for new functionality and then test suites that are a mix of manual and automated tests
- Plan test automation strategies, and participate in process improvement initiatives
- Coordinate the testing efforts of other team members according to each project’s test plan and release schedule.
- Facilitate communication of the current status of the software between functional groups in the company.
- Coach and lead team members in test planning and testing methodologies.
- Participate in and supports daily build processes and test deployments.
- Participates in production deployments and testing processes.
The candidate is expected to have:
- Minimum of 5 years software testing experience including responsibility for developing test plans.
- A complete understanding of the software development lifecycle and development methodologies, the role of QA, and the ability to create effective, sustainable test strategies are required.
- Software test planning and testing skills including development of test plans and test cases, test automation, black-box testing web-based software.
- Experience with testing complex B2B integrations.
- Deep understanding of data mapping and transformations. ·
- Team player; has ideally worked in an agile development environment.
- Experience testing Internet-based applications as well as mobile applications·
- Strong understanding of Software Configuration Management processes and activities.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing software quality metrics.
- Experience with testing integration between complex enterprise systems will be an asset.
- Experience planning test automation and using test automation tools
- Competitive Salary - $100k-130k (NYC based)
- Gym reimbursement
- Free cellular service on the best network in the US
- Free lunch in NYC office & fully stocked kitchen
- Metrocard reimbursement
Think you’d be a great fit? Apply to learn more!