Senior Backend Engineer - Product (ISB)
Engineering – Backend /
US Mobile is on a mission to revolutionize connectivity. Imagine a world where you can go into a single app and buy terabytes of data for every one of your devices: phone, smart devices, car, home broadband, and more. That’s the future that US Mobile is building: a software platform built truly for the 21st century and the age of 5G and IoT, with world class engineering, best-in-class user experience, and features that will define the next generation of connectivity.
At the core of it all, we have a team and culture that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 500 best startup employers in the US. Our team spans diverse backgrounds, cultures, and stories, with employees coming from 20+ countries.
We're a venture-backed company entering hypergrowth, having recently ranked 94th on Inc 5000's fastest-growing private companies in America, and we’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team.
We're looking for an exceptional backend engineer to help us scale and connect millions of devices to wireless networks. The projects and potential impact are incredible. We're looking for talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial team members who are excited to tackle these challenges.
The role is based out of our ISB office.
As a backend engineer, you will:
- Architect optimal solutions to our business problems
- Deploy exciting new features
- Help us scale to scale to 10’s of millions of customers & connected devices
- Build quality tools and frameworks to ensure a high-quality product
- Build systems to ensure continuous uptime
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience (4+ years) in building enterprise-ready platforms for handling high transactional volumes of customer requests and supporting them in production
- Strong knowledge of Java 8 (onwards), Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL concepts
- Hands-on API design experience
- Hands-on microservices and architecture experience using Spring boot, RabbitMQ, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience in event sourcing and CQRS
- Self-starter and strong, quick problem-solving skills
- Experience with scale and high-traffic applications
- Experience with different nonfunctional conformance aspects like security, reliability, and high availability
- Experience with Google Cloud and Google services like GKE, Apache Data flow, Cloud functions, Pub-Sub, etc
- Experience in Domain-Driven Design, Event Storming techniques to flush out high-level architectural patterns
- Read/Write Clean code and Clean architecture
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running
Think you’d be a great fit? Apply to learn more!