Integration Engineer (Healthcare)
Oxford, UK /
Thanks for considering applying to Ufonia.
Our vision is to use automation to make amazing healthcare available to everyone.
With the support of a fantastic group of experienced angel investors, grant funders and NHS partners we have just started the next phase of our journey as we go-live in our first NHS hospital. We replace routine patient healthcare interactions with next-generation automated conversations. Our platform is massively scalable, providing increased convenience for patients, freeing clinical staff to deliver higher-value care and reducing costs for organisations.
Our work involves solving complex technical and operational challenges with empathy and insight. We value people who are smart, optimistic and transparent. If that's you and the idea of helping to grow our company excites you as much as it does us then we'd love for you to join us!
We are looking for an Integration Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for integrating our product into hospital patient administration and electronic medical record systems. This role would suit a person who has previously worked for NHS IT departments or for suppliers whose products have integrated with NHS systems.
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 (but we're open to discussion)
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our Chief Product Officer and engineering teams to design interfaces that integrate our products with hospital systems. To do this you’ll talk with different hospital IT and governance teams to understand their integration requirements from both a technical and operational perspective. You will then build robust, secure integrations, using a variety of methodologies, but primarily using HL7 FHIR.
You should apply if:
- You have over 3 years experience of software engineering for healthcare
- You have experience developing and deploying products that use HL7 messaging, a bonus would be FHIR
- You have worked with multiple EHR systems (ideally Cerner Millennium and Medway, experience with Medisoft would be a bonus)
- You have developed front-end UI as well as back-end systems (if you have built / deployed a SMART app we’d be really impressed)
- You have experience working with an automated CI/CD pipeline
Benefits you'll receive:
- Competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Equity options with upside from being early employee
- Flexible working to ensure you have a great work-life balance
- Central Oxford office with opportunity for remote working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Mac laptop + salary sacrifice available for personal tech purchases
- Great colleagues who support each other to reach their maximum potential
Attitudes we look for:
- Passion for talking with users to make sure our solutions meet their needs
- Love improving your skills and want to help others learn too
- Comfortable with uncertainty and solving problems where there is little precedent
- Pragmatic and able to make trade-off decisions in order to reach your goals
- Obsessive focus on getting the details right
- Happy being challenged and willing to change your mind based on new evidence
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous streams of work
- Enjoy working collaboratively and contributing to the collective success of the team
- Desire to take personal responsibility for delivering products that patients and clinicians rely upon for their health
We want a diverse team that brings a wide a range of perspectives and reflects the diversity of our users. We particularly welcome applications from women, black, Asian, minority ethic, and disabled candidates who are underrepresented in the technology sector.
Our interview process will involve a 30min screening call, a practical exercise for you to complete in your own time (you’ll be able to do it over a weekend) and then half a day spent talking and working with our team, virtually or in-person.