Senior Full Stack Engineer
Oxford, UK /
Thanks for considering applying to Ufonia.
Our vision is to use automation to make amazing healthcare available to everyone.
With the support of a fantastic group of experienced angel investors, grant funders and NHS partners we have just started the next phase of our journey as we go-live in our first NHS hospital. We replace routine patient healthcare interactions with next-generation automated conversations. Our platform is massively scalable, providing increased convenience for patients, freeing clinical staff to deliver higher-value care and reducing costs for organisations.
Our work involves solving complex technical and operational challenges with empathy and insight. We value people who are smart, optimistic and transparent. If that's you and the idea of helping to grow our company excites you as much as it does us then we'd love for you to join us!
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the development and scaling of our product to eventually support thousands of patient interactions a day. This role would suit someone who has previously worked in a lead / senior engineering role in a startup / scaleup company.
Salary: £55,000-£65,000 (but we're open to discussion)
On a day-to-day basis you will work alongside our Chief Product Officer, taking a key leadership role defining the technology strategy and architecture for our back- and front-end services. You will set this strategy from the frontline, writing code, working all the way from database to the UI and perhaps tweaking our NLP pipeline in between. Your work will incorporate cutting-edge voice and automation technology within a regulated industry. This means you will support the implementation of robust quality management systems across the engineering team. You will help grow a world-class engineering team; openly sharing your ideas to help guide the work of others, taking part in code reviews and pair programming.
You should apply if:
- You have over 5 years of software engineering in a lead / senior role
- You have deployed robust applications that scale to thousands of concurrent users
- You have an up-to-date knowledge of React (Hooks)
- You have familiarity with reactive extensions and functional programming
- You have deployed and managed cloud (AWS experience is preferable) and microservice architectures
- You have experience setting up automated CI/CD pipelines
- You have had previous roles in a dynamic and fast-paced environment (ideally in a seed / series-A startup)
- You have worked in a regulated industry (experience of working in healthcare would be a bonus)
Benefits you'll receive
- Competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Equity options with upside from being early employee
- Flexible working to ensure you have a great work-life balance
- Central Oxford office with opportunity for remote working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Mac laptop + salary sacrifice available for personal tech purchases
- Great colleagues who support each other to reach their maximum potential
Attitudes we look for:
- Passion for talking with users to make sure our solutions meet their needs
- Love improving your skills and want to help others learn too
- Comfortable with uncertainty and solving problems where there is little precedent
- Pragmatic and able to make trade-off decisions in order to reach your goals
- Obsessive focus on getting the details right
- Happy being challenged and willing to change your mind based on new evidence
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous streams of work
- Enjoy working collaboratively and contributing to the collective success of the team
- Desire to take personal responsibility for delivering products that patients and clinicians rely upon for their health
We want a diverse team that brings a wide a range of perspectives and reflects the diversity of our users. We particularly welcome applications from women, black, Asian, minority ethic, and disabled candidates who are underrepresented in the technology sector.
Our interview process will involve a 30min screening call, a practical exercise for you to complete in your own time (you’ll be able to do it over a weekend) and then half a day spent talking and working with our team, virtually or in-person.