Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
Your role at Unlearn
You will be developing Unlearn’s core machine learning technology along with other talented ML engineers. This role involves both conducting relevant experimentation into new modeling techniques, and developing useful capabilities in terms of high-quality software implementations. Your work will contribute to Unlearn’s continuing technological lead in the space.
- Develop and maintain high-quality software that enables Unlearn’s disease progression modeling efforts.
- Contribute to intellectual property claims and research papers.
- Track the state of the art in the field and investigate novel algorithms that expand the scope and capabilities of our products.
- Communicate the capabilities of our technology in an engaging and educational way.
- Embody the cultural standards of the company in work and comportment towards colleagues.
- You are an entrepreneurial scientist who wants to build a new approach to clinical science with computation as its foundation.
- A Ph.D. in physics, mathematics, or computer science, OR extensive, relevant industry experience.
- Fluent in Python, and Python ML ecosystem tools.
- Strong knowledge of software paradigms and style.
- Expertise in machine learning methods from at least one major perspective among: statistical physics, computer science, statistical modeling.
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption.