Senior Medical Writer
San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA or Boston, MA /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects with PROCOVA™ reduces required sample sizes, increases statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It's about time.
As a key player of the clinical team, you will have a critical role in expanding the reputation and credibility of Unlearn by helping in the dissemination of our clinical and scientific evidence. You also will help in one of the company’s goals of building a robust pipeline of disease progression models by helping the data science team to understand clinical trial designs for a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Develop and/or support scientific documents including scientific abstracts, scientific manuscripts, clinical internal reports, posters, and regulatory submissions
- Perform quality control of internal and external scientific and regulatory documents
- Research clinical trial designs in a variety of therapeutic areas and document relevant information into an internal report
- Coordinate the internal review and approval process of scientific and regulatory documents, including development and implementation of SOPs and templates as needed
- Search and identify suitable journals to submit scientific manuscripts and coordinate the submission, review, and approval process
- Bachelor degree or advanced degree in a scientific discipline (biology, biostatistics, medicine or related field)
- At least 6 years of experience (with bachelor degree) or 3 years of experience (with PhD) as a medical writer at a pharmaceutical/biotech, CRO, or other company with a focus on medical and scientific writing
- Accustomed to research information about clinical trial designs and ability to understand and interpret clinical and scientific data
- Strong computer and project management skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with different stakeholders
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years holidays
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
401k plan with generous matching
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits plan
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and create an inclusive work environment because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission to create AI to simulate biology and improve patients' lives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All employees who work at Unlearn must comply with our COVID-19 vaccination requirement or receive an approved exemption.