Data Scientist - Machine Learning
San Francisco /
Data Science /
Recent progress in artificial intelligence coupled with a growing resource of longitudinal patient data from historical clinical trials and real world sources provides an unprecedented opportunity to transform clinical trials and speed the development of new medicines.
Unlearn is a science-first company that has invented the first machine learning platform for creating Digital Twins of patients in clinical trials — comprehensive simulations that answer “what would likely happen to this patient if he/she were randomized to the control group?”.
Using information from Digital Twins to estimate treatment effects reduces required sample sizes, increase statistical power, and provides patient-level treatment response information.
It’s about increasing confidence in trial results.
It’s about bringing new medicines to patients faster.
It’s about time.
Your Role at Unlearn
Do you enjoy using data science and software to solve complex challenges?
Unlearn.AI pioneers computational methods to help patients get life-saving therapies more quickly. As an early employee at Unlearn, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of how data are used in clinical science and join a world-class team of computational scientists.
Day-to-day work will include:
- Using our powerful, proprietary software tools to build machine learning models of disease progression.
- Researching outcome measures, biomarkers, and other data that are measured in clinical trials.
- Building and using processes to ensure the quality of Unlearn’s commercial and research work.
- Providing feedback to the machine learning engineering team to improve the software used for developing and analyzing models.
- Collaborating with internal and external scientists to create prognostic models of disease progression, analyze clinical trials, and publish scientific results.
You'll likely have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- Advanced degree such as an M.S. or Ph.D. is a plus.
- 3+ years industry experience in data science, machine learning, or a related role.
- Experience with applied machine learning.
- Proficient in Python (including data science tools such as numpy, pandas, and sklearn) and collaborative software development (e.g., git, using clean coding styles).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The flexibility and adaptability necessary to be an early employee at an ambitious startup.
Compensation & benefits
Unlearn offers compensation commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefits package, including:
Generous equity participation.
Unlimited PTO plus company holidays.
Annual company-wide shutdown between Christmas Eve and New Years holidays.
Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events.
401k plan with generous matching.
Company-subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance plans.
Commuter benefits plan.
Paid Parental Leave
Unlearn is not currently offering visa sponsorships for any position. Please only apply if authorized to work in the U.S.